• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vhs To Dvd Doesn't Work

Travis2011

Question

24 answers to this question

Well here is a good one am operating Windows 7 Ultimate and my Easy Vhs to Dvd .....Doesn't work so i basiclly wasted 60.00 for nothing how can i fix this error

Travis, now we know that you have a Roxio program - Easy VHS to DVD but we don't know anyhting about anything else except your OS -W7. We don't even know for sure if you are using a scart connection or not. If so, which one?

First make sure you know what version you have an if it is W7 compatible. Look at this.

Then answer these questions if you are really serous about getting help on your investment.

Hello-

I am having the same issue, and it seems that this is common from all of the searches for this issue; however, no one responds with a good resolution. I emailed Roxio several days ago and the response has been poor :(

I successfully installed the Easy VHS to DVD software without issue (no error messages, etc.).

However, when I click on the software, it only partially loads with the roxio logo and a half-loaded page. Nothing more. I cannot shut down the program to remove the open, half-loaded window & logo from my desktop. It is not listed in the Windows Task Manager as a running application.

I have Windows XP, the enhanced USB port (per Roxio instructions), all updated drivers and updated Windows Media Player.

What other type of info do you need Digital Guru? Pls be specific because every Knowledge Base resolution is looking for something else. None have worked.

Also, I'm very disappointed in the lack of response by the Roxio email support.

post-99695-073607400 1319482538.jpg

DxDiag.txt

Hello-

I am having the same issue, and it seems that this is common from all of the searches for this issue; however, no one responds with a good resolution. I emailed Roxio several days ago and the response has been poor :(

I successfully installed the Easy VHS to DVD software without issue (no error messages, etc.).

However, when I click on the software, it only partially loads with the roxio logo and a half-loaded page. Nothing more. I cannot shut down the program to remove the open, half-loaded window & logo from my desktop. It is not listed in the Windows Task Manager as a running application.

I have Windows XP, the enhanced USB port (per Roxio instructions), all updated drivers and updated Windows Media Player.

What other type of info do you need Digital Guru? Pls be specific because every Knowledge Base resolution is looking for something else. None have worked.

Also, I'm very disappointed in the lack of response by the Roxio email support.

What your showing in your posted pic is the top half of the registration screen.

Start here, Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products>> http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000080GN

Put the installation disc in a drive and when the installer offers choose repair.

Travis nd others who got caught in the same trap...

I am disappointed also. It seems that Roxio like to put out software that doesnot work.

I am strugglin with getting the #$^@ thing to record more than 25 to 30 seconds before it stops. I do not know what to do as roxio is no longer replying and when they did reply, what information they gave did not work.

So it looks like it may be time to file complant with BBB, Federal Trade Commission and the State Attorney General Office. This is pure poor software and supposrt.

What your showing in your posted pic is the top half of the registration screen.

Start here, Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products>> http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000080GN

Put the installation disc in a drive and when the installer offers choose repair.

I already did all the Knowledge Base articles, including the one you referenced. This did not work either. Same result.

I already did all the Knowledge Base articles, including the one you referenced. This did not work either. Same result.

I can't poke your PC with a stick from here and fix it for you!

If your interested in help YOUR going to have to do the work on your end trouble shooting.

You have run the repair and or reinstalled using the 'Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products' and followed that to a 'T'?

Hi Everybody

Let's try to get this all sorted out.

It seems we might have three different things going here and it's tricky to solve all three at once for myself and Guru's like CD and SKnis.

The white screen/Leeky: I myself have encountered this issue. Unfortunately, our IT department re imaged machine, and it's fixed. It's actually pretty rare, so when it does pop up, we do everything thing to keep the customer to help us out. Would you be willing to work with some of our engineers if I can grab one? I'd love to make an article from it.

Travis 2011: I need to know a bit more: What error? Any other system specs you can give me? Where did you get your copy of Easy VHS to DVD and how long ago?

TonyLa: can you send me your ticket number and I can have your issue escalated and reviewed by our management team and see if we can get you rolling again.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Everybody

Let's try to get this all sorted out.

It seems we might have three different things going here and it's tricky to solve all three at once for myself and Guru's like CD and SKnis.

The white screen/Leeky: I myself have encountered this issue. Unfortunately, our IT department re imaged machine, and it's fixed. It's actually pretty rare, so when it does pop up, we do everything thing to keep the customer to help us out. Would you be willing to work with some of our engineers if I can grab one? I'd love to make an article from it.

Travis 2011: I need to know a bit more: What error? Any other system specs you can give me? Where did you get your copy of Easy VHS to DVD and how long ago?

TonyLa: can you send me your ticket number and I can have your issue escalated and reviewed by our management team and see if we can get you rolling again.

Thanks,

Jon

Thanks so much for the help! I will do anything for help. ANYTHING!

Thanks so much for the help! I will do anything for help. ANYTHING!

Hi Leeky

I have sent this to an engineer. I found another customer on the forums who is also seeing this (http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/78047-starting-the-roxio-game-capture/)

Hopefully, I hear something back soon for some first steps.

Jon

Hi Leeky

I have sent this to an engineer. I found another customer on the forums who is also seeing this (http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/78047-starting-the-roxio-game-capture/)

Hopefully, I hear something back soon for some first steps.

Jon

Someone just replied to my case # asking for proof of purchase for a refund. Does this mean that no one is going to fix this? I'd rather have the product work than have a refund. Thanks, Angela

Someone just replied to my case # asking for proof of purchase for a refund. Does this mean that no one is going to fix this? I'd rather have the product work than have a refund. Thanks, Angela

That's weird. Let me check it out.

jon

Hi Leeky

Obviously a mistake by the agent. I have notified his manager and escalated this issue to make sure you get proper service while our engineering team reviews what's going on as well.

Jon

Hi Leeky

Obviously a mistake by the agent. I have notified his manager and escalated this issue to make sure you get proper service while our engineering team reviews what's going on as well.

Jon

Hello-- I am receiving suggestions from Roxio support, but it is in response to my first ticket that I opened. However, the suggestions are incomplete and ridiculous. I'm trying it all though. Are your engineers working on this issue still? I am looking forward to their suggestions.

Thank you,

Angela

Hello-- I am receiving suggestions from Roxio support, but it is in response to my first ticket that I opened. However, the suggestions are incomplete and ridiculous. I'm trying it all though. Are your engineers working on this issue still? I am looking forward to their suggestions.

Thank you,

Angela

Download and install this. See if it fixes your problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=15697

Overview

MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3) is a complete replacement of MSXML 4.0, MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2). MSXML 4.0 SP3 provides a number of security and reliability bug fixes. Support will end for MSXML 4.0 SP2 in 4/13/2010. For more information about MSXML 4.0 SP3 see the release notes.

Top of pageTop of page

System requirements

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3

Instructions

There are two options for downloading MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3):

* Use msxml.msi to install MSXML 4.0 SP3 on your computer. You may also save msxml.msi to your local disk to install later.

* Use msxmlcab.exe to download the CAB file to redistribute MSXML over the Internet.

Note: If you have previously installed MSXML 4.0 SP3 BETA, you MUST uninstall the BETA package before installing MSXML 4.0 SP3 RTM. For Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008 customers, additional steps are required. Please refer to the Release Notes for detailed instructions. Top of pageTop of page

Hello-- Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not fix the problem.

I installed the suggested file per the instructions. Restarted my computer.

I then turned off everything in Start up and my firewall, then ran the Easy VHS/DVD repair from the CD. Restarted again.

I then tried to open the software but got the blank white screen again (no change).

I will be so excited when we fix this.

Here's to still hoping!

I then turned off everything in Start up and my firewall, then ran the Easy VHS/DVD repair from the CD. Restarted again.

I then tried to open the software but got the blank white screen again (no change).

Here's to still hoping!

Hi Leeky

The engineers had some ideas that they were looking into, but haven't heard back. I'll see what's going on. Incidentally, what internet browser and version (s) do you have installed?

Jon

Hi Leeky

The engineers had some ideas that they were looking into, but haven't heard back. I'll see what's going on. Incidentally, what internet browser and version (s) do you have installed?

Jon

I prefer to use Google Chrome 15.0.874.106 m (which is up to date). I also have IE 8.0.6001.18702IC

Thanks, Angela

Here's to still hoping!

The instructions about installing ' MSXML 4.0 SP3 on your computer' never mentioned running the repair on your Easy VHS to DVD? :unsure:

Post a screen shot of the two listed below.

post-97-030638300 1320101319.jpg

3/30/2007 seems to be a 4 1/2 year old driver!

Tell us about your computer

Your computer specifications have a huge impact on software performance and functionality.

* Operating System (including service packs):

* Make:

* Model:

* Video card

* Processor speed:

* RAM:

* Free hard drive space:

* I last did an operating system update on:

This information will help our community members reduce the amount of followup questions and speedup troubleshooting.

3/30/2007 seems to be a 4 1/2 year old driver!

Yes, i thought the same thing when I saw the driver update. However, I searched online for a newer one, but I didn't find anything, and when in the Device Manager, I checked for updates and it reported that I have the newest driver.

I attached the DxDiag file. Does this have all the info you need?

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400

Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Intel T2300 @1.66GHz

980MHz, 1GB RAM

15% free space

Updated operating system 2 days ago via Windows Update

Thanks, Angela

DxDiag.txt

:blink: 1.5 g free ! Really, really time to do some maintenance on that computer. Remove those programs that you tried but never use, clean up the hard drive of all the temp and tmp files, and defrag frequently. Go here to get some free tools. With only 1 1/2 g free, I'm not even sure you will be able to defrag the hard drive without getting rid of programs and files. Gte youself an external USB connected hard drive to store what you need to keep.

I know you didn't ask and that your computer meets the required system specs but it is on the low end of the performance spectrum for this type of software. It will be slow at best so it is necessary that nothing else is running while you are doing the video editing - no internet, e-mail, games, etc. In fact disconnect from the Internet and shut off your anti-virus.

Edited by sknis

Yes, i thought the same thing when I saw the driver update. However, I searched online for a newer one, but I didn't find anything, and when in the Device Manager, I checked for updates and it reported that I have the newest driver.

I attached the DxDiag file. Does this have all the info you need?

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400

Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Intel T2300 @1.66GHz

980MHz, 1GB RAM

15% free space

Updated operating system 2 days ago via Windows Update

Thanks, Angela

How large is your 'C' hard drive in gigabytes? How much free space on your 'C' hard drive in gigabytes ? V2D is installed on your 'C' drive?

I would free up hard drive space first, (V2D 201B23A is 2.37gig on the disc) do a complete uninstall of V2D using #13 in my signature. Then install the DirectX below, check on the video driver below/update, then reinstall V2D using 'Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products'.

Plus things I do before installation, in this order. Disable W-7 W-Vista User Account Control (UAC), clean all cache, cookies, private data, clear history, delete the temp file contents (start run %temp%), run disc cleanup, empty the recycle bin, run disc defragmenter on the operating system C / installation drive. Reboot the PC, close all unnecessary running programs, disconnect from the internet and turn off / stop antivirus and firewall software. Now I'm ready to install the software.

I would download and install this, you show 'DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode'

After you download it disconnect from the internet and turn off virus/firewall software and run the install .exe you saved then reboot.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

System requirements

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3

Instructions

1. Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or select a different language from the Change language drop-down list and click Go.

2. Do one of the following:

* To start the installation immediately, click Run.

* To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.

* To cancel the installation, click Cancel.

If you enter your Service Tag do you see this dowbload available for your system from Dell?

Intel 945GM Graphics Controller

Release Date: 5/14/2007

Version: 6.14.10.4814, A05

Download Type: Driver

Other Versions

File Format: Hard Drive

File Size: 14 MB

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&SystemID=INSPIRONI6400/E1505&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=-1&impid=-1&dateid=-1&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1

post-97-004467800 1320156673.jpg

Edited by cdanteek

Hi,

Exactly the same problem as Leeky (white screen, with no logo's), my system credentials;

- Acer Aspire M7720

- Vista SP2

- ATI Radeon HD 4650

- Icore i7 920@2.67gHz, 64 bits, 6GB ram

- Hardrive, nearly empty

- all drivers up to date incl. videodrivers

Any other suggestions than currently mentioned, as nothing seems to work.

Many thanks.

HP