• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creating Projects W/o Menus?

bartonlewis

Question

I created a project and added 3 short movies to it. I did not select "without menus" so I do have submenus for the 3 films. However no menus appear on the TV screen when I insert the DVD, and only the first movie plays. Also, my DVD will now not eject from the TV. When I press eject, it wants to read the DVD. Is this related to the way I burned the DVD? Why don't I see menus for the 3 separate films?

Edited by bartonlewis

8 answers to this question

I created a project and added 3 short movies to it. I did not select "without menus" so I do have submenus for the 3 films. However no menus appear on the TV screen when I insert the DVD, and only the first movie plays. Also, my DVD will now not eject from the TV. When I press eject, it wants to read the DVD. Is this related to the way I burned the DVD? Why don't I see menus for the 3 separate films?

What program from C2010 did you use to create the DVD? Did you play the preview before burning?

What do you define as short movies? How long in time is the total project?

What program from C2010 did you use to create the DVD? Did you play the preview before burning?

What do you define as short movies? How long in time is the total project?

Thanks for your reply. I clicked on "Create DVDs" in "Video/Movies" to create the project. Unfortunately I did not preview the project before burning. But the first movie did play on my TV. And I have gone back to the project on my computer and previewed it, and it is fine. The films take up 907 MB of 3792 MB on the DVD. They are 2, 3 and 6 minutes long. Now the DVD is stuck in my TV/DVD player, and won't eject. Someone suggested I unplug the TV and then try to eject. I will try that when I get home. My sense is that the DVD player is somehow still in "Play" mode as when I try to eject, "Reading DVD" comes up on the screen and the movie then plays.

Thanks for your reply. I clicked on "Create DVDs" in "Video/Movies" to create the project. Unfortunately I did not preview the project before burning. But the first movie did play on my TV. And I have gone back to the project on my computer and previewed it, and it is fine. The films take up 907 MB of 3792 MB on the DVD. They are 2, 3 and 6 minutes long. Now the DVD is stuck in my TV/DVD player, and won't eject. Someone suggested I unplug the TV and then try to eject. I will try that when I get home. My sense is that the DVD player is somehow still in "Play" mode as when I try to eject, "Reading DVD" comes up on the screen and the movie then plays.

Check your manual for the DVD player. Your player may be roached.

Dead or dying, but I have a feeling that that isn't case. Did you get the disc out?

No, the disc will not come out. I pulled the power plug and left it out for an hour, then tried again. Not sure what to do next, but thought I would try calling Sharp on Monday. I think I bought it just over a year ago, so probably no warranty or support.

This has never happened before -- just this disc which I burned using Roxio on Thursday. Sure seems like an odd coincidence.

No, the disc will not come out. I pulled the power plug and left it out for an hour, then tried again. Not sure what to do next, but thought I would try calling Sharp on Monday. I think I bought it just over a year ago, so probably no warranty or support.

This has never happened before -- just this disc which I burned using Roxio on Thursday. Sure seems like an odd coincidence.

Coincidence - perhaps. I had a Sony bluray DVD player that would not eject a disc (commercial). I had to go after it with a pair of needle nose pliars. I got it out in pieces after getting half the front of the player apart. I was surprised when the player actually worked and ejected other discs ! :o