Sign in to follow this  
4putts

Photo Edit Or Projects

Question

When I try to print a photo from edit or make a card when I try to print a box comes up that says ( Cancel) Then nothing happens. The printer works fine with every other software, Windows,E-mail. Picasa, Firefox,etc. Only a problem with Roxio Creator 2011. Thanks for your help.

post-92097-038029200 1319814930.jpg

You should get a message at the lower right of your screen about the printer. If you don't, make sure it is on-line and selected as the default printer.

That dialog box also has the options for clearing the print que. Do you see the dialog box?

It does show the little printer and when you hover over it (1 document pending), but then it goes away and nothing prints. Every other program on the system will print OK. A Dell V715w printer. It is set up as default printer.As you can see on the Roxio print screen the printer is selected. Thanks

I googled this problem and see Jim Harden worked with someone with this same issue on Apr.2 2011 in general discussions and didn't resolve the issue. My Dell Inspiron 580 has 8GB memory and 1 terabyte hard drive and I can't print from anything in Roxio.I've had the program for awhile and only burned CD's and made videos . Tried to print today for the first time. Get a cancel on everything. Thanks

That User never followed up! He was running on a Laptop with very limited HDD space and had installed Roxio on a seperate external HDD! :o

I hope your system is not even close to what he had :lol:

I duplicated your project and have no problem printing it:

post-39730-046115600 1319884979.jpg

Do any other applications in the Suite have missing buttons? How about VideoWave (Edit Vidoe-Advanced)???

Tell us a little more about your PC Specs, like Steve & I have in our Signature Blocks ;)

Go into Windows and select "Devices and Printers". Navigate to the printer you want to use and click on it. You should get a screen with one of the options as "show print que". Delete the project prending. Is there a message next to it?-

Double check the properties so the printer is set to print the quality you want on the paper you want, etc.

Try again.

Hi Guys, In answer to Skins, There is nothing in queue and never is. When you hit print in Roxio the little printer shows up in the lower right of the tool bar. Then a box comes up over the Roxio project that says cancel. Then it goes away as well as the little printer on the tool bar. At that point nothing is in queue. I suppose it never made it that far for some reason.

In answer to Jim I have a Dell Inspiron 580,Intel core i5-650 processor,8GB DDR3 SD Ram,1 TB Hard drive,Windows 7 64 bit, Service Pack 1,Intel HD Graphics. A Dell V715w printer connected with USB,not wireless. I believe the printer in made for Dell by Lexmark. I have Roxio Creator 2011 Pro. Thanks for your help.

Hi Guys, In answer to Skins, There is nothing in queue and never is. When you hit print in Roxio the little printer shows up in the lower right of the tool bar. Then a box comes up over the Roxio project that says cancel. Then it goes away as well as the little printer on the tool bar. At that point nothing is in queue. I suppose it never made it that far for some reason.

In answer to Jim I have a Dell Inspiron 580,Intel core i5-650 processor,8GB DDR3 SD Ram,1 TB Hard drive,Windows 7 64 bit, Service Pack 1,Intel HD Graphics. A Dell V715w printer connected with USB,not wireless. I believe the printer in made for Dell by Lexmark. I have Roxio Creator 2011 Pro. Thanks for your help.

That is not what you said in post #3 above Your post "It does show the little printer and when you hover over it (1 document pending), "

Which is it?

Do any other applications in the Suite have missing buttons? How about VideoWave (Edit Vidoe-Advanced)???

How about the other things I asked?

Would you open Label Creator and print something from there as a test?

It will most likely come down to a Driver or a Faulty Install or an MS problem :huh:

We are trying to isolate which one ;)

Hi Skins, I may have not been clear enough, hovering over the little printer it says 1 pending but it goes away when the cancel box over the project come up. I don't cancel, I guess something else makes the box come up. Then I check the "queue" nothing pending. I guess I'm in the right place I couldn't find the que as you suggested. Thanks for your help.

Hi Jim, I tried printing labels from Video/movies and music/audio. Worked beautiful. Won't print from photo or photo projects. I'm not sure what you mean by "Do any other applications in the suite have missing buttons"? At least I know its nothing wrong with the printer since it works printing labels. Thanks for your help.

Does any different happen if you select one of the other sizes. You have actual size but what happens if you select fit to page or similar?

I just fired up my laptop that has Cretaor 2011 on it and it worked OK. My printer has a hard wire connection rather than WiFi.

Do you have the the image on your system drive or a remote drive? What format is the image?

Edited by sknis

Hi Skins,It doesn't matter what size or settings it cancels. After looking again in the tool bar the little printer says 0 pending. Sorry about previous it saying 1 document pending. I'll also attached the cancel box that comes up instantly when you hit print.I have no external hard drive and the image is a JPEG format.Thanks for your help. Actually I just tried about 10 different ways and sometimes in the tool bar the little printer shows 1 or o pending, but it always goes away in about 5 seconds as well as the cancel print box that I posted. I also notice my setting only says letter where Jim's says letter 8 1/2 X 11? Thanks again!

post-92097-073152300 1319912495.jpg

Edited by 4putts

Hi Skins,It doesn't matter what size or settings it cancels. After looking again in the tool bar the little printer says 0 pending. Sorry about previous it saying 1 document pending. I'll also attached the cancel box that comes up instantly when you hit print.I have no external hard drive and the image is a JPEG format.Thanks for your help. Actually I just tried about 10 different ways and sometimes in the tool bar the little printer shows 1 or o pending, but it always goes away in about 5 seconds as well as the cancel print box that I posted. I also notice my setting only says letter where Jim's says letter 8 1/2 X 11? Thanks again!

I don't know if it will help, but under Size, change the setting from Fit to Page to Fit to Printer Margins or Actual Size.

Edited by grandpabruce

Hi Grandpabruce, I have tried what you suggest and others, with all the cancel print box comes up as soon as you click on print. Thanks

Hi Grandpabruce, I have tried what you suggest and others, with all the cancel print box comes up as soon as you click on print. Thanks

Yes, that does happen and sometimes it stay there and other times it disappears but the printer dialog always shows up.

Is it possible that the printer is not set to be the default? It should still work but for some reason it may see you wanting to print to a files or other.

Edited by sknis

Set to default printer, Big green check. Double checked. Like I said it prints labels and every other program on computer prints fine. Thanks

Then it is time... ;)

Do the Prep Steps to the letter!

Then start the install of the Suite, only pick Repair when it is offered.

Updates to Roxio will have to be installed.

Jim,All the prep steps are fully up to date. I assume you mean insert the Creator 2011 pro disc and there is a repair option that will go through the complete set up including Cine Player and all that extra stuff or just Creator? No uninstall? Have to re-install the updates? Redundancy I know, but I don't want to screw things up. Thanks for your help!

You need to PRINT the Prep Steps so you can follow them... it isn't just 'up to date'...

Start the Install of the Suite ~ people with downloads don't have a disc to insert... but everyone can run Setup! ;)

Hello, Where did my help go? Maybe you get a well deserved day off for dealing with my problem. Thanks

No one, who has replied in your thread, works for Roxio. All of the folks, who are helping, are still here. One of them replied, right above your last post.

Well I tried, got so many errors I gave up, here's one I attached. The Roxio hard drive watcher 12 even affected windows booting up. I finally gave up and uninstalled the Creator 2011 pro. and CinePlayer. New questions for a clean install. I don't know if this was caused by having Creator2011 then installing Creator 2011 Pro.

1. Is Smart sound common data and smart sound quick tracks the program put on with disc 2? If so I'll uninstall.

2. Is there a clean up tool to run to remove the left behind stuff ?

3. If not are there some folders and registry items to delete?

4. Or should it just be reinstalled?

5. Is there anything I'm missing besides being an idiot for going through all this because 2 program wouldn't print. Thanks for your patience.

post-92097-070360100 1320120613.jpg

Edited by 4putts

Well I tried, got so many errors I gave up, here's one I attached. The Roxio hard drive watcher 12 even affected windows booting up. I finally gave up and uninstalled the Creator 2011 pro. and CinePlayer. New questions for a clean install. I don't know if this was caused by having Creator2011 then installing Creator 2011 Pro.

1. Is Smart sound common data and smart sound quick tracks the program put on with disc 2? If so I'll uninstall.

2. Is there a clean up tool to run to remove the left behind stuff ?

3. If not are there some folders and registry items to delete?

4. Or should it just be reinstalled?

5. Is there anything I'm missing besides being an idiot for going through all this because 2 program wouldn't print. Thanks for your patience.

For cleaning up, you can try the following:

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000274CR&PARAMS=set-locale=en

If you get the software installed again, the first thing to do is disable the Roxio hard drive watcher. :)