Sign in to follow this  
4putts

Photo Edit Or Projects

Question

When I try to print a photo from edit or make a card when I try to print a box comes up that says ( Cancel) Then nothing happens. The printer works fine with every other software, Windows,E-mail. Picasa, Firefox,etc. Only a problem with Roxio Creator 2011. Thanks for your help.

post-92097-038029200 1319814930.jpg

Jim, I like the way you say "if" instead of when. It's been my experience when you reinstall something changes. I followed all instructions,reinstalled,updated. Still works the same. Can print labels from audio,video and data programs. Can't print pictures or cards go directly to cancel. Almost like when I click on print the program thinks I clicked cancel..The part that changed was the project cards,lost 50% of them. The one I posted on the first post "Get Well' has gone! Oh well, couldn't print it anyway. Thanks for your help,looks like this is a failure. Scared to upgrade to 2012.

Of course you should be creating a New Project not recycling the old on :o If the old project was corrupt, no amount of 'Repair' is going to ever fix it ;)

Had no old project ,this is all new. Reinstalled. Still unable to print a new project or a new edited photo. Nothing prints, except labels. What I was saying also when you want to create a new project only half of the card choices exist. Lost somewhere in the reinstall. No get well card in the choices.Thanks looks like I'm doomed.I do more audio and video so the program is worth it, I'll guess I'll have to add Adobe Photoshop for pictures. Used that for years and it always printed.Problem not solved but I'll be able to live with it. Thanks for trying.

Edited by 4putts

Had no old project ,this is all new. Reinstalled. Still unable to print a new project or a new edited photo. Nothing prints, except labels. What I was saying also when you want to create a new project only half of the card choices exist. Lost somewhere in the reinstall. No get well card in the choices.Thanks looks like I'm doomed.I do more audio and video so the program is worth it, I'll guess I'll have to add Adobe Photoshop for pictures. Used that for years and it always printed.Problem not solved but I'll be able to live with it. Thanks for trying.

The second disc (or the second dowload file) is where all the other projects are. Do a reinstallation of the second disc/download..

Remember to turn off you anti-virus to do the install and nevewr ever use a registry cleaner.

Edited by sknis

Sknis, What's the point if I can't print a photo or a basic card?

You complained that you lost those extra things so I told you were to find them. Perhaps you'll find out why your printer won't work and will want the extras in the future.

Is there any possiblility that you have an old printer or can borrow one to try to see if it is somehtign with the drivers for your standard printer that is screwing up? Have you reinistalled the printer drivers? I know that other things work but not this. What have you got to lose other than a few minutes comparing to the time that we are all spending trying to help !.

Are you now giving up?

Skins, I love your attitude,always a problem other than the Roxio program,and you pick that up by reading your other post with that smug know more than you attitude that's written between the lines. I have a 6 month old Dell printer. It prints labels from Roxio programs. Prints e-mails from Thunderbird,prints from Firefox,prints from Picasa,prints from Open Office documents,prints from Foxit reader PDF files.Yea.it's a printer problem. No way it would be Roxio. Am I giving up so you can say that dumb &%$ went away. No, but I need someone that's bright enough to think maybe it's a real problem with Roxio, maybe a bad disc for the install? I don't know and don't pretend to know, that's why I'm here.By the way Jim thanks for all you tried.

Edited by 4putts

yet if it were the program, why are you the ONLY one with this problem?

Wouldn't someone else in the world have had this happen by now? The "Program" has been out since August of 2010 :o Surly in 14+ months someone would have had trouble???

You misread Steve's remarks! There is no 'attitude' in there, he was trying to help you finish the reinstall...

Jim thanks for your reply. I uninstalled my new Dell V715w printer from my new 6 month old Dell windows 7 computer. I installed my old HP Photo Smart 8200 printer. Never been installed on this computer. Everything prints except Roxio cards,or photos. Same problem. I refer you back to General Discussion, Apr.2 2011 with gysy724 ,who you said went away. Same problem. Could it be it was a flaw on my install disc. and maybe a few other people have the same problem? I could have been sooner but only just tried to print something. As I said I only used it for Video or CD's. I have reinstalled my new Dell printer, same results. Thanks, I'll be going away since the problem seems to be mine and not the program. So the next guy with the problem you can tell them I went away.

Opened a ticket on 11-2, I know they can contact me due getting the Roxio support case number sent to me.Next I updated the case.No response as of tonight from support. I just opened a new case. I guess they just want you to go away. Thanks

Hello. I'm having the same problem as 4putts. I recently purchased Roxio Creator 2011 and installed it on a new HP Pavilion laptop. I also just bought a new Lexmark S405 wireless printer. I have opened a ticket with Roxio. Hoping they will find a solution, but so far none. I open the program to edit a photo. Then I click file/print. Then I hit print. The small box appears that only says "cancel print" with and OK box. Regardless if I click ok, nothing happens. I can print a CD cover and all other documents/photos from other programs.

I tried to stop and start the spooler as requested with no result. Good to know that the uninstall/reinstall may be tricky. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. 4putts.... you are not alone. :-)

Wish me luck!