• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Terry47

Toast 10.0.9 And Lion

Question

Following the release of Lion a while back I thought I'd leave it a few weeks before taking the plunge so everyone can get themselves sorted and iron out the initial issues. With the release of the Toast 10 upgrade this week I have now upgraded to Lion. I thought to myself that there would be no problems, that was my first mistake.The Lion upgrade went without a hitch along with all the other updates and then it was Toasts turn.

Following the installation of 10.0.9 and launching CDSD it had a crash and a freeze. Launching again and this time no problems until you want to use it. The window opens and it invites you to 'Choose an Input Device to Compute', screen shot attached. But whatever device you choose nothing changes, it all remains the same. Set at Line In you can hear what is being played and the meters work but thats it, you cannot change the recording quality or the input volume.

Following the usual advice I trashed the following files;

cdsdd.plist

com.roxio.hzsystems.CDSpinDoctor.plist

com.roxio.toast.plist

Roxio Toast Prefs

Roxio Toast Prefs 17.06.10

which made Toast not work at all. So I deleted the whole program using App Cleaner and set it all up again with the ID key from the original box which has now given the same result. Before I raise a ticket with Roxio (and start banging my head against a brick wall) I thought I'd post on the forum to see if anyone has any bright ideas on how to cure this, other than ditch Toast and try something else.

As an aside I did have an email from Roxio recently (last week sometime) suggesting I upgrade to Toast 11 with the new improved Spin Doctor to capture my old vinyl, I wish I knew who their comedy writer is!!!

Thanks in advance for any help given.

post-85594-041099000 1319818285.png

5 answers to this question

Although Toast 10 is now updated for Lion your post makes it clear that CD Spin Doctor is not. Neither is Spin Doctor X bundled with Toast 11. Bias recently released an application called Sound Saver that may be your best bet for this functionality.

Well I did decide to submit a Customer Support ticket just to see if there were any solutions to this issue. Well that was nine days ago but only 5 working days. Apart from the initial 'we've got your request and here is your ticket number' there has been nothing else.

I've been a Roxio user for many years right back to Easy CD Creator 5 on Windows 98, and during that time have not experienced many issues. It was usually a PICNIC (problem in chair not in computer) issue but at the moment CDSD is utterly useless. I know sometimes there are Roxio staff on the forum so if they know what is happening can they pass it on, the worst bit is not knowing if anything is happening.

If and when anything is forthcoming I'll keep the forum updated.

Well I suppose I jumped the gun a bit, switching on the computer this morning and there was a response from Steve at Roxio. How useful it is I'll leave you to decide.

Please be informed that Toast 10.0.9 software update will fix the issues with Lion OSX to some extent. I would like to let you know that we are aware of this issue you are facing and our technical team is working on it. Once the issue is fixed we will get back to you.

If and when the issue gets resolved (I have asked for a timeframe) I'll update the forum, but in the meantime the software is as useful as a chocolate teapot. Perhaps I'll take tsantee's advise and switch to Bias Sound Saver for my vinyl conversion.

Yet another update to this saga. Following the withdrawal of update 1009_568 a new one was issued yesterday 1009_569, but I don't know why they bothered. It has not cured the CDSD issue under Lion.

Also installation was not as straight forward as you are led to believe. Following the instructions and dragging the new Toast folder to applications starts the process and then it halts saying that it could not continue as the info.plist is in use :blink: So you have to trash the complete Toast Titanium 10 folder and start again. This works and the applications install, but what problems does it cure???

Come on Roxio get your act together and make CDSD useable again.

Yet another update to this saga. Following the withdrawal of update 1009_568 a new one was issued yesterday 1009_569, but I don't know why they bothered. It has not cured the CDSD issue under Lion.

Also installation was not as straight forward as you are led to believe. Following the instructions and dragging the new Toast folder to applications starts the process and then it halts saying that it could not continue as the info.plist is in use :blink: So you have to trash the complete Toast Titanium 10 folder and start again. This works and the applications install, but what problems does it cure???

Come on Roxio get your act together and make CDSD useable again.

The update only changes Toast's Lion compatibility and doesn't change any of the other included apps such as CDSD. The reason the update was removed for a few days was that the Toast Video Player built into the Toast application wasn't working in the first release of Toast 10.0.9.

Personally I don't expect any further updates to CDSD from Roxio. They changed the entire application with Toast 11 and it doesn't work right either. I think they need to fix their currently shipping version before they worry about a previous version. So neither of us is happy about this. I've mentioned a few times that Bias sells an application called Sound Saver that is the way to go at this time.

Edited by tsantee