• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recovery Manager

L Strobel

Question

I have a hp media center pc m8200n that came with Roxio 9 installed. Ever since last year sometime it started having issues with not being able to update or some such thing. Couldn't find a .msi file. I found that if I clicked cancel several times it would go ahead and go to the program and I could use it, as is. The other day I decided to try to take care of whatever the problem was. The advice I found in several places including here was to us Recovery Manager and reinstall. The first thing I was instructed to do was delete the program. Which I did. After it said it had installed the program I rebooted as instructed. No Roxio Creator. I had also deleted MyDVD so I tried reinstalling it. It worked. Tried Roxio Creator again. No luck.

Anybody know what I need to do?

1 answer to this question

I have a hp media center pc m8200n that came with Roxio 9 installed. Ever since last year sometime it started having issues with not being able to update or some such thing. Couldn't find a .msi file. I found that if I clicked cancel several times it would go ahead and go to the program and I could use it, as is. The other day I decided to try to take care of whatever the problem was. The advice I found in several places including here was to us Recovery Manager and reinstall. The first thing I was instructed to do was delete the program. Which I did. After it said it had installed the program I rebooted as instructed. No Roxio Creator. I had also deleted MyDVD so I tried reinstalling it. It worked. Tried Roxio Creator again. No luck.

Anybody know what I need to do?

You could try this http://kb.roxio.com/...00127CR&PARAMS=

The above is for the full retail version (you have HP's OEM version), it might work for your OEM version.

Edited by ogdens