Cut Up Video In Middle; Cut Into Pieces?

Shannon Smith

Question

Hi,

I thought this was more robust than the free Windows software but this can't even splice a video into pieces. There's no cut tool?? ONly a trim? I want to be able to take a video- cut it in the middle, for example, put something in the middle and mix and match clips but I don't see a cut tool. I can't return this item because I already opened the box!!!!

4 answers to this question

THanks Jim.

I guess I got a little carried away. I've sorta got a deadline and I was in "storyline" and didn't know there was another view with that icon.

THanks so much for taking the time to answer me!!

Shan

It is called SPLIT:

post-39730-038478500 1320260396.jpg

To save some frustration for you, try using the Learning Center as well as the 'How To' postings going back to 2009 or even earlier as most has not changed that much ;)

THanks Jim.

I guess I got a little carried away. I've sorta got a deadline and I was in "storyline" and didn't know there was another view with that icon.

THanks so much for taking the time to answer me!!

Shan

I was previously very frustrated also, until I got a reply to a post of mine concerning this topic, which helpfully pointed out to me a crux in navigation. The user MUST click on the thumbnail of the segment to be split, otherwise the error message says that the items are too small to split. The user must click on the thumbnail of the segment to be split, which brings up dotted lines surrounding it. Unless there are dotted lines, there can be no split, and the misleading error message pops up. If I were the programmer wording that message, I would remind the user to be certain that the segment has been selected, evidenced by the dotted lines around it, in timeline view.

Edited by Lynn Lynn