ajnardo

Audio And Video Problems With Wmv.

Question

Hey Roxio,

I've been having problems when I capture to WMV. The video speeds up and slows down randomly and the audio is way off. You know in cartoons when someone talks really fast and there is a high pitch squeaky voice? It sounds a lot like that. When I record in AVI I get no problems whatsoever. Quality is good, audio is good, video is good. Everything's peachy. I need it to record in WMV though, because Window's Movie Maker only accepts WMV files. I plan on editing a majority of these clips. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, I'd prefer not to have the advice "just record in AVI and convert to WMV" because that's a pain the &%$.

7 answers to this question

Hey Roxio,

I've been having problems when I capture to WMV. The video speeds up and slows down randomly and the audio is way off. You know in cartoons when someone talks really fast and there is a high pitch squeaky voice? It sounds a lot like that. When I record in AVI I get no problems whatsoever. Quality is good, audio is good, video is good. Everything's peachy. I need it to record in WMV though, because Window's Movie Maker only accepts WMV files. I plan on editing a majority of these clips. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, I'd prefer not to have the advice "just record in AVI and convert to WMV" because that's a pain the &%$.

Where do you get the idea that WMM only accepts wmv files? WMM accepts all sorts of format video files including avi's.

Where do you get the idea that WMM only accepts wmv files? WMM accepts all sorts of format video files including avi's.

Well, I tried to import my AVI files and I got an error message "WMM does not accept this file format." I googled it and it said WMM doesn't accept AVI files.

Also, this doesn't really answer my original problem.

Edited by ajnardo

Well, I tried to import my AVI files and I got an error message "WMM does not accept this file format." I googled it and it said WMM doesn't accept AVI files.

Also, this doesn't really answer my original problem.

What version of WMM are you running? WMM lists avi as one of the valid formats when you import files. I have no problems adding avi files. I don't know what you googled but it's obviously wrong.

Of course the are lots of "avi" flavours and perhaps yours is not acceptable to WMM.

What version of WMM are you running? WMM lists avi as one of the valid formats when you import files. I have no problems adding avi files. I don't know what you googled but it's obviously wrong.

Of course the are lots of "avi" flavours and perhaps yours is not acceptable to WMM.

It's whichever one comes with Vista. I'll try to update it and let you know if that fixes anything.

It's whichever one comes with Vista. I'll try to update it and let you know if that fixes anything.

I am running WMM in Vista and this is what the Help file lists for valid inputs:

post-103-071910600 1320637996.jpg

I am running WMM in Vista and this is what the Help file lists for valid inputs:

post-103-071910600 1320637996.jpg

Well do you know why mine isn't working? I realize this is technically off-topic, but I'd appreciate it. I've already installed the K-Lite Codec Mega Pack thing that every google search tells me to do, but it didn't help.

Well do you know why mine isn't working? I realize this is technically off-topic, but I'd appreciate it. I've already installed the K-Lite Codec Mega Pack thing that every google search tells me to do, but it didn't help.

Hi ajnardo,

Install K-lite only not solve your problem. Go to START/ALL PROGRAMS/K-LITE/FFDSHOW config and attribe all .* to LIBAVCODEC. Make this in all video tabs , sound too.

Try and reply.

Claudio