Roxio Creator 9

cone

Question

I just replaced my hard drive in my made computer. When I went to reinstall Roxio Creator 9 with MyDVE I get "this sofware will not support Roxio Creator BDAV Plugin." I click okay and when it has finihaed loading all I have is the drag to disk functions. It was working fine on from the old disk in the same computer. Gigibyte MB P55A-UD3, Windows XP pro, and i5 750 CPU. My Roxio Easy Media Creator works okay. Oh. Now my roxio easy VHS to DVD won't work either. I get a Roxio central error. I have cleaned and reloaded them each five times by themselves too. They still fail to function corectly. Any help?

2 answers to this question

I think the OP could be forgiven for calling it Creator 9, since Roxio calls it that in several places, too. :)

post-208-059633900 1320628130.jpg

Cone, your message is confusing.

First you don't mention if your Operating System, Internet Explorer, and Windows Media Player are the same version as on your old drive. If they have changed, that could cause you big problems.

Next you say that installing Creator 9 gave you only Drag-to-Disc, but then you said "My Roxio Easy Media Creator works okay." Which is correct?

If your first statement is correct, have you tried installing Creator onto a system without any other Roxio products installed? It wouldn't have told you about the BDAV plugin unless you already had that installed, and it seems that you've provoked a conflict by installing things in that order.

If those three sets of software, [Creator, the BDAV plugin, and Easy VHS] used to work together on your old drive and you haven't changed any Windows things, then you should try cleaning out your system of Roxio products and reinstalling the software in the same order you used on the old drive.

I can't tell you if Easy VHS to DVD has any inherent conflicts with EMC 9. I haven't run them both together.

Regards,

Brendon