Sign in to follow this  
knight2001dts

Menu Text - Any Way To Add More Than 23 Characters?

Question

Hi!

I'm new to TOAST 11 so please forgive me if this has been covered before (I did quite a number of searches on the forum and didn't find an answer to the following...)

I'm in the process of creating my first menu, and have found that there seems to be a maximum of 26 characters (SORRY! counted 23 before, but its 26) for each title in the menu set?

Is this right?

I have also tried to spread out the text over the 3 text boxes inside the EDIT function for each title, but ONLY the first box of text appears on the menu when the DVD is compiled.

Also tried using splash menu where there is ample room for text to go beyond this 26 char limit, but it is limited to 26 characters?

Am I doing something wrong? or is this the limit for title text, and why then are there 3 boxes available if only 1 is shown?

Thanks in advance!

Knight.

Edited by knight2001dts

1 answer to this question

You can use all three lines for text if you reduce the number of items per menu page. I don't remember offhand how many titles are added before the third and second lines of text are removed. You'll need to experiment (choose Save as Disc Image and then mount the disc image to view it with DVD Player). You set the maximum number of titles per menu page using the Menu layout window.