joca

Burn To Dvd+R Dl Disk

Question

I have an edited 1hr 14 min HD in videowave i need to get this to SD on a DL disk or image file. I can't quite work out the settings and or for exporting. In send to my dvd is confusing and to export what would be the best setting.Basically just how do I get my production onto a DL disk ? as a standard definition.

I have an edited 1hr 14 min HD in videowave i need to get this to SD on a DL disk or image file. I can't quite work out the settings and or for exporting. In send to my dvd is confusing and to export what would be the best setting.Basically just how do I get my production onto a DL disk ? as a standard definition.

post-97-083775200 1320760589.jpg

post-97-086046600 1320760609.jpg

post-97-050922800 1320760693.jpg

post-97-025384000 1320760635.jpg

post-97-083775200 1320760589.jpg

post-97-086046600 1320760609.jpg

post-97-050922800 1320760693.jpg

post-97-025384000 1320760635.jpg

Thank you very much for the information it is very useful.

I am still having a problem on image and fileset but not tried the burn to disc yet. whilst following your snap shots do I change the disk size box to 8.5 or do I leave as is 4.7 ???

Thank you very much for the information it is very useful.

I am still having a problem on image and fileset but not tried the burn to disc yet. whilst following your snap shots do I change the disk size box to 8.5 or do I leave as is 4.7 ???

Yes if that is what your using/need.

What problems are you having "I am still having a problem on image and fileset"

I would suggest burning to those then burn to a disc using MyDVD or Video Copy and Convert.

Yes if that is what your using/need.

What problems are you having "I am still having a problem on image and fileset"

I would suggest burning to those then burn to a disc using MyDVD or Video Copy and Convert.

get an error on the encode when burn to image I am selecting DVD+R DL because that is what I have Verbatin

get an error on the encode when burn to image I am selecting DVD+R DL because that is what I have Verbatin

Do I have to pull teeth to get information?

What is the error?

Do I have to pull teeth to get information?

What is the error?

Sorry

error box as follows

microsoft visual C++ runtime library

program c:\program files (Cx86)\Roxio\videoUI\video wave 13.exe

Sorry

error box as follows

microsoft visual C++ runtime library

program c:\program files (Cx86)\Roxio\videoUI\video wave 13.exe

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/topsearch/results.html?k=microsoft%20visual%20C++%20runtime%20library

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

OK My direct x files were up to date and no problems were found My drive firmware is also up to date

I have now tried to burn direct to disc with the following error box

800 70008

800 70008 error while opening project

8000ffff while aborting

taking another tact. If I was to export in HD what settings would I use to acomplish this and then use that file to burn to disc.

It is pretty obvious that I am quite new to atempt burning DL disks and it's driving me nuts

OK My direct x files were up to date and no problems were found My drive firmware is also up to date

I have now tried to burn direct to disc with the following error box

800 70008

800 70008 error while opening project

8000ffff while aborting

taking another tact. If I was to export in HD what settings would I use to acomplish this and then use that file to burn to disc.

It is pretty obvious that I am quite new to atempt burning DL disks and it's driving me nuts

It seems that there is a fixation on the DL disc being the issue; I doubt it ! There is somehting else going on.

!) Have you ever used a DL disc before so that you know that your burner is capable?

2) Have you burned to single layer in the past?

3) Your issue seems not to be with the DL disc but with somehting else going on with the program or your computer.

4) If you started with HD, you would need to slect a 16 by 9 format in Video Wave. After you have done all your editing, select to output/export the video file to mpg2 fro DVD best quality. If it encodes, you can use that to burn to a DL disc. The process is the same as the single layer disc. If it does not encode, then the program will hang and you willl have to find out why. At least you'll know that it is the project and not the program.

5) When you do go to burn, select high quality and yes, select the option for DL.

6) Make the ISO file or the folder set and burn that to a dl disc with "Burn Disc Image" or Video Copy and Convert.

I really think there is something wrong with your project or the program has become corrupt.

Please give us the information on your computer including the OS and what video card you have. How much memory and how much defragged space do you have on the hard drive? Are you using other than your system hard drive?

That code is associated with memory issues. Look here (link)

Edited by sknis

It seems that there is a fixation on the DL disc being the issue; I doubt it ! There is somehting else going on.

!) Have you ever used a DL disc before so that you know that your burner is capable?

2) Have you burned to single layer in the past?

3) Your issue seems not to be with the DL disc but with somehting else going on with the program or your computer.

4) If you started with HD, you would need to slect a 16 by 9 format in Video Wave. After you have done all your editing, select to output/export the video file to mpg2 fro DVD best quality. If it encodes, you can use that to burn to a DL disc. The process is the same as the single layer disc. If it does not encode, then the program will hang and you willl have to find out why. At least you'll know that it is the project and not the program.

5) When you do go to burn, select high quality and yes, select the option for DL.

6) Make the ISO file or the folder set and burn that to a dl disc with "Burn Disc Image" or Video Copy and Convert.

I really think there is something wrong with your project or the program has become corrupt.

Please give us the information on your computer including the OS and what video card you have.

Thank you once again for your detailed reply i will give it the attention it deserves so it may take me a little time to get the info together. But for now yes I have already exported to mpeg2 without problem but ocviously my problem is that 1hr 14mins is far too big for a 4.7. and to compress brings the quality tumbling. But as i say I will answer your reply asap. A lot of the problem is I am not too sure where to tread I normally just do it but with much smaller files.

Thank you once again for your detailed reply i will give it the attention it deserves so it may take me a little time to get the info together. But for now yes I have already exported to mpeg2 without problem but ocviously my problem is that 1hr 14mins is far too big for a 4.7. and to compress brings the quality tumbling. But as i say I will answer your reply asap. A lot of the problem is I am not too sure where to tread I normally just do it but with much smaller files.

One hour 14 minutes on a single sided disc won't have major detrement when burned on a single sided disc. Just make sure you you selecty HQ when you select the output and then create the ISO file. Burn that ISO file to a disc. Do you have a couple of DVD rw discs to try?

Fit to disc will give you lousy quality but HQ and same as original should be OK.

8000ffff while aborting

If the 5th and 6th digit of the error code is 80 through FF, then the error code is maker unique. The descriptions of these error codes differ depending on the maker.

You have something wrong I'm not sure what it is tho!

Post your DVD Drive ID string from Device Manager and name and brand of your DVD DL Media.

Use this as a Test File, download it AVCHD.m2ts file 1920 x 1080. I had to change the file extension from .m2ts to 2.avi to upload it. Once downloaded rename to .m2ts

Then try making a SD image or folder set in MyDVD. If that works waste a DVD Disc and see if you can burn it. If that works we know the Roxio program and your burner are OK.

http://cdanteek.home.mchsi.com/2.avi

If the 5th and 6th digit of the error code is 80 through FF, then the error code is maker unique. The descriptions of these error codes differ depending on the maker.

Post your DVD Drive ID string from Device Manager and name and brand of your DVD DL Media.

Use this as a Test File, download it AVCHD.m2ts file 1920 x 1080. I had to change the file extension from .m2ts to 2.avi to upload it. Once downloaded rename to .m2ts

Then try making a SD image or folder set in MyDVD. If that works waste a DVD Disc and see if you can burn it. If that works we know the Roxio program and your burner are OK.

here is my pc info

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 11/8/2011, 17:34:23

Machine name: JOCA-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: MSI

System Model: MS-7309

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 240 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4032MB RAM

Page File: 1097MB used, 6963MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03D0&SUBSYS_73091462&REV_A2

Display Memory: 1065 MB

Dedicated Memory: 57 MB

Shared Memory: 1007 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: SDM-HS95P

Monitor Id: SNY2500

Native Mode: 1280 x 1024(p) (60.020Hz)

Output Type: HD15

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvd3dum

Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.5896 (English)

Driver Version: 8.17.12.5896

DDI Version: 9Ex

Driver Model: WDDM 1.0

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 7/10/2010 04:38:00, 12471400 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4090-11CF-DA60-05531CC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x03D0

SubSys ID: 0x73091462

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Driver Strong Name: oem9.inf:NVIDIA_SetB_Devices.NTamd64.6.0:Section001:8.17.12.5896:pci\ven_10de&dev_03d0

Rank Of Driver: 00E62001

Video Accel:

Deinterlace Caps

One hour 14 minutes on a single sided disc won't have major detrement when burned on a single sided disc. Just make sure you you selecty HQ when you select the output and then create the ISO file. Burn that ISO file to a disc. Do you have a couple of DVD rw discs to try?

Fit to disc will give you lousy quality but HQ and same as original should be OK.

sorry the above did not work I am confused because I can't see how I will get 5373 MB high quality on a one sided disk

sorry your link does not seem to be working at the moment boy am I having a bad or what

sorry your link does not seem to be working at the moment boy am I having a bad or what

post-97-054215500 1320783971.jpg

post-97-034543900 1320783988.jpg

post-97-054215500 1320783971.jpg

post-97-034543900 1320783988.jpg

I am sorry but the link does not appear to be working at this time I will try again in the morning I'm all roxioed out for today thanks for your trouble anyway

I am sorry but the link does not appear to be working at this time I will try again in the morning I'm all roxioed out for today thanks for your trouble anyway

Works ok for me (Canada).

Works ok for me (Canada).

Probably the North Atlantic is a bit rough tonight (UK)

sorry the above did not work I am confused because I can't see how I will get 5373 MB high quality on a one sided disk

The burn program will automatically "adjust" the file to fit when burning. I do it this way all the time for files that are up to 90 minutes long. You will not notice much loss in quality.

Did you create the iso file successfully?

Just to echo what Walt said. In this case size really does not matter. :blink: It is the time factor that overrides. Up to one hour of best quality on a single sided disc; up to 2 hours on a disc with lousy quality. 1/1/4 hours should not be much lower quality than what you get with a one hour video. Of course with the caveats from abo9ve (High Quality - HQ).

Probably the North Atlantic is a bit rough tonight (UK)

OK I have temporarily given up trying to burn a large project as SD to a dual layer disk so I am currently burning as AVHD to image then I will hopefully burn that to a DL disk.

You may think why all the fuss about SD on DL well! In our small village we held a bygone farming rally in SEPT involving vintage farming machinery and I am trying to produce a dvd for our members and as far as technology is concerned everybody does not have a bluray or hd player so I am trying to produce both formats. Yes I can produce this on a single sided 4.7gig disk but the payoff is a degraded quality production and as I purchased this Roxio in March that should produce what I want I want to make it work. I have had a lot of problems over the time including other issues like continual crashing whilst editing which adds a massive amount of time to my projects. I accept that some problems can be attributed to my own inexperience with the programme but NOT ALL.I am very thankful for the help that I have been receiving here I have even downloaded the programme a second time. You can imagine how frustrated I have become so much so I am considering to abandon Roxio.

OK I have temporarily given up trying to burn a large project as SD to a dual layer disk so I am currently burning as AVHD to image then I will hopefully burn that to a DL disk.

You may think why all the fuss about SD on DL well! In our small village we held a bygone farming rally in SEPT involving vintage farming machinery and I am trying to produce a dvd for our members and as far as technology is concerned everybody does not have a bluray or hd player so I am trying to produce both formats. Yes I can produce this on a single sided 4.7gig disk but the payoff is a degraded quality production and as I purchased this Roxio in March that should produce what I want I want to make it work. I have had a lot of problems over the time including other issues like continual crashing whilst editing which adds a massive amount of time to my projects. I accept that some problems can be attributed to my own inexperience with the programme but NOT ALL.I am very thankful for the help that I have been receiving here I have even downloaded the programme a second time. You can imagine how frustrated I have become so much so I am considering to abandon Roxio.

Vintage farm machinery, cool I worked for John Deere 33 years.

Having several folks giving different opinions and different directions for you to try might be confusing/frustrating.

Continuing to create a AVHD project to a DL disc that has failed before with the same project files?

That is why I suggested abandoning your project and download the small 349MB file I posted a link to, I know works. If that small file works we know your Roxio software and hardware are functioning and your project could be the cause of all your problems.

Download the file, open MyDVD choose no menu DVD project and follow the red arrows. ;)

post-97-089998700 1320849870.jpg

post-97-094765100 1320849957.jpg

post-97-023890100 1320849960.jpg

post-97-092680600 1320849984.jpg

Vintage farm machinery, cool I worked for John Deere 33 years.

Having several folks giving different opinions and different directions for you to try might be confusing/frustrating.

Continuing to create a AVHD project to a DL disc that has failed before with the same project files?

That is why I suggested abandoning your project and download the small 349MB file I posted a link to, I know works. If that small file works we know your Roxio software and hardware are functioning and your project could be the cause of all your problems.

Download the file, open MyDVD choose no menu DVD project and follow the red arrows. ;)

post-97-089998700 1320849870.jpg

post-97-094765100 1320849957.jpg

post-97-023890100 1320849960.jpg

post-97-092680600 1320849984.jpg

Thanks again I really like the way you explain things with your snap shots and yes you are right it is a little confusing having stuff coming in all directions but I accept that it is only people trying to help. I will try and get your link again later I don't know why it did not work last night probably a broadband issue. Hey John Deere eh yes I got some footage of a couple of JD tractors ,but also got some good footage of a few US vintage tractors that local enthusiast's own here.Sorry going off subject getting carried away.

• Like 1

Did you try what was suggested in post #21 and #22? There is no noticeable loss of quality.