• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio & Video Out Of Sync In Preview But Ok In Other Programs

wmpark

Question

Ever since I applied patch 8.05, I have been having audio / video sync problems. The AVI files on the hard drive are ok when viewed with ATI software or with real player but in the preview mode of EMC 8 the "out of sync" problem shows up. The problem is also seen on the completed DVD. The patch really speeded up rendering but seems to have caused the sync problem. any help would be appreciated. I should mention that the problem only shows up after interupting the movie and then restarting as one would when editing or searching for a particular scene. Everything seems ok until viewing is interupted and then restarted.

I have since removed EMC 8 completely and reinstalled. The sync problems disappeared. Thinking that I may have cured the problem, I reinstalled the 8.05 patch but the sync problems came back again. Once again I removed EMC 8 and reinstalled with out the patch. Now there are no more sync problems but I can only make shorter DVDs. One hour videos give a message in MY DVD that there is not enough room on a standard DVD even though the info box indicates that the DVD is 4.7 G and the production is 3.8 G. A 30 min dvd records just fine but I can not eliminate the menu audio.

I also noticed that when I checked under help/about that there was no change in the build number after installing the 8.05 patch.

I am using Windows XP PRO, !.5 Gig Ram. AMD 3Gig Processor. 250 Gig WD HD, ATI ALL IN WONDER 9200 Video card.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived