How Many Photos On A Dvd?

rufus

Question

Recently my wife and I an another couple returned from a vacation. Many, many photos were taken and I was given the job of turning them into a slideshow and burning a DVD. For simplicity, let’s assume that there will be no video, no audio, just photos. I will probably divide the photos into five or six groups, create a VideoWave production from each group, and then combine them into a MyDVD production. My question is this: what would be the maximum (guesstimate/ ballpark) number of photos I could include in what I hope to create?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Recently my wife and I an another couple returned from a vacation. Many, many photos were taken and I was given the job of turning them into a slideshow and burning a DVD. For simplicity, let’s assume that there will be no video, no audio, just photos. I will probably divide the photos into five or six groups, create a VideoWave production from each group, and then combine them into a MyDVD production. My question is this: what would be the maximum (guesstimate/ ballpark) number of photos I could include in what I hope to create?

Thanks.

If my memory's correct there are some limits in the # that can be used in the slide show programs.

In Videowave making a DVD Video to a single layer, DL layer disc, BD single/DL disc, it would come down to the limits of the DVD disc/project used.

Easy!

A 4.7 GB DVD will produce about 1 hour (3600 seconds) of play at High Quality...

If you want each picture to show for 5 seconds, you get (3600/5) 720 pics per disc ;)

The size of the pictures has no bearing on this because every one will be converted to an mpeg movie.

Get a disc or 2 of DVD RW and try a few at different times (I like a 4 second exposure = 5 sec pic, 1 sec transition ;) )