Atlsun65

Converting .avi Files To .vob Format

Question

I have Roxio Creator 2011 Special Edition, installed on Windows 7 machine. I have .avi files which I would like to convert to .VOB files, so I can watch them on my DVD player.

I am able to convert the .avi file into DVD Format, but I cannot see the files or folders which I try to look at the DVD from Windows explorer.

Does Roxio support converting .avi to .vob files (Video_TS folder structure)?

Thanks for your inputs.

6 answers to this question

I have Roxio Creator 2011 Special Edition, installed on Windows 7 machine. I have .avi files which I would like to convert to .VOB files, so I can watch them on my DVD player.

I am able to convert the .avi file into DVD Format, but I cannot see the files or folders which I try to look at the DVD from Windows explorer.

Does Roxio support converting .avi to .vob files (Video_TS folder structure)?

Thanks for your inputs.

You do not need to convert any video to a "DVD format", it is done automatically for you when you burn to DVD (or to a Video_TS folder set). To create a DVD use the Create DVD (myDVD) task. It creates all the files to make your project into a proper DVD.

Please describe exactly the steps you are doing.

You do not need to convert any video to a "DVD format", it is done automatically for you when you burn to DVD (or to a Video_TS folder set). To create a DVD use the Create DVD (myDVD) task. It creates all the files to make your project into a proper DVD.

Please describe exactly the steps you are doing.

DigitalGuru,

This is the first time I am using Roxio Creator 2011, so not familiar with all the options. I have a .avi file on my computer. I would like to convert this to VIDEO_TS structure and burn to DVD. Should just use Create DVD or Copy and Convert DVD or Edit Video-Advanced option. One of the option got stuck at 8% progress and did not go any further. The Advanced option put a title page and movie inside it and got stuck at 97%.

Right now, I am trying MyDVD option and waiting to see how this works out.

DigitalGuru,

This is the first time I am using Roxio Creator 2011, so not familiar with all the options. I have a .avi file on my computer. I would like to convert this to VIDEO_TS structure and burn to DVD. Should just use Create DVD or Copy and Convert DVD or Edit Video-Advanced option. One of the option got stuck at 8% progress and did not go any further. The Advanced option put a title page and movie inside it and got stuck at 97%.

To create a proper video DVD you should use myDVD. It automatically creates the correct Video_TS structure.

"Edit Video-Advanced" cannot create a DVD, it is only used for assembling/editing your video.

Perhaps you should read this thread. It show the workflow for creating a DVD. It is in the C2009 forum but still applies to C2012 even though some of the images may be different

To create a proper video DVD you should use myDVD. It automatically creates the correct Video_TS structure.

"Edit Video-Advanced" cannot create a DVD, it is only used for assembling/editing your video.

Perhaps you should read this thread. It show the workflow for creating a DVD. It is in the C2009 forum but still applies to C2012 even though some of the images may be different

Thanks Walt. Appreciate your quick responses to my post. I will study the thread and also try burning few DVDs and update the post.

Thanks Walt. Appreciate your quick responses to my post. I will study the thread and also try burning few DVDs and update the post.

A couple of suggestions:

-get a few DVD RW's to play with

-burn to a Video-TS folder bad play it using the free VLC player. If it plays as you want then burn the Video_TS folder

DigitalGuru,

i have been using roxio since 2009, EMC 2010, 2011, & about to upgrade to 2012. i have tried several programs & roxio is the best of all for doing all photo & video editing & also the best price. good luck read the help files & online help. it will answer all ur questions of how to's...

Edited by lolag