Sign in to follow this  
pmw9595

Gracenote identification vs LP to MP3

Question

When using Easy LP to mp3, after recording the LP I am trying to use audio tagging through gracenote and it seems to tell me that my LP is blizzard software for some reason, and has not once identified my recording correctly. Is there a way to eliminate some input from gracenote so that I don't keep getting the same bad info.

2 answers to this question

When using Easy LP to mp3, after recording the LP I am trying to use audio tagging through gracenote and it seems to tell me that my LP is blizzard software for some reason, and has not once identified my recording correctly. Is there a way to eliminate some input from gracenote so that I don't keep getting the same bad info.

The more informaion you type in manually the better the results are. When capturing the LP, you should be able to at least type in the Name of the album and the artist. Use the Windows command to select all and then you can search for all of them. Remember that Gracenotes depends on people suppling the right information to them. If they don't, you get answers like you see or you get nothing at all. Ever see a lot of blocks or something that you can't read? Since LP are normally heritage type media, they may not have them in the database.

Since Roxio is now tied in with Rovi, they may also be using that data base rather than Gracenotes. Do you see the Gracenotes emblem?

I would suggest that you capture the entire album as one file and then go in to put the track breaks in manually also. I do this and get pretty good results.

The more informaion you type in manually the better the results are. When capturing the LP, you should be able to at least type in the Name of the album and the artist. Use the Windows command to select all and then you can search for all of them. Remember that Gracenotes depends on people suppling the right information to them. If they don't, you get answers like you see or you get nothing at all. Ever see a lot of blocks or something that you can't read? Since LP are normally heritage type media, they may not have them in the database.

Since Roxio is now tied in with Rovi, they may also be using that data base rather than Gracenotes. Do you see the Gracenotes emblem?

I would suggest that you capture the entire album as one file and then go in to put the track breaks in manually also. I do this and get pretty good results.

Gracenote is still used with C2011. The move to Rovi's data base happened with C2012.

Gracenote Global Media Database

Gracenote has built and maintains the largest and most comprehensive global database of music and video information in the world.

Rich Metadata for Music and Video

The Global Media Database offers the deepest, richest and highest quality metadata for music and video in the world, including:

Music Metadata

* 8 million CDs, 100 million Tracks

* More than 400,000 Artists

* Artist, Album & Track

* Artist, Type, Era, Origin, Genre

* Track-level attributes

* Global Popularity

Video Metadata

* More than 400,000 DVDs

* More than 12,000 BD releases

* More than 800,000 Film & Video Titles

* Title, Director, Actor