• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
bmase

Bd Not Recognized - Getting "close Tray" Help

Question

I'm trying to burn a BD on Toast 10. I have the BD plug in and have validated product key. But when i insert BD to burn files i get pop up to "Please insert a Recordable Disc. Matshita DVD-R UJ-857E" then the buttons are "Close Tray" or Cancel? I have a blank Digistor BD inserted already any ideas on how to get it to recognize the disc? Many Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Your optical drive can burn to CD and DVD media but not to Blu-ray media. The Toast Blu-ray plugin doesn't change what kind of media is supported by the optical drive. The plugin enables Toast to create Blu-ray-playable discs but your drive determines what kind of media is acceptable. You can burn Blu-ray videos with Toast to regular and dual-layer DVDs. The only problem is that they cannot be as long as ones burned to Blu-ray media for the simple reason that Blu-ray media has much greater capacity.

So your choices are to buy an external Blu-ray burner (I think they sell for about $300-$400) or keep your projects to a size that fit a single- or dual-layer DVD disc.