• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Shuswapmike

Adding Photos Without Shifting Music Track

Question

4 answers to this question

When I add chapter photos to my completed video production the music track shifts for all the video clips. How to I keep the music locked on the video clips?

What do you mean by "add chapter photos"? Please explain exactly what you are doing.

What do you mean by "add chapter photos"? Please explain exactly what you are doing.

I want to add still photo with a title in front of a series of video clips. I'll have about 5 of these in my whole production. When I insert the photo it shifts my entire production music track by the length the photo is displayed i.e. 5 seconds. So the music track no longer starts in the currect place for each video clip.

Just got another problem. Two empty panels have appeared in my production. Not sure how. They cause the video clip immediately following to skip. I cannot delete them by selecting and pushing delete. Edit and remove also doesn't do anything. I can locate in "find panel". It indidcates they are "empty" but won't let me delete. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

I want to add still photo with a title in front of a series of video clips. I'll have about 5 of these in my whole production. When I insert the photo it shifts my entire production music track by the length the photo is displayed i.e. 5 seconds. So the music track no longer starts in the currect place for each video clip.

Just got another problem. Two empty panels have appeared in my production. Not sure how. They cause the video clip immediately following to skip. I cannot delete them by selecting and pushing delete. Edit and remove also doesn't do anything. I can locate in "find panel". It indidcates they are "empty" but won't let me delete. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

If you have added your own audio to an audio track , the audio does not shift if you make changes in the video track such as inserting photos. If you want to lock the audio to a particular video the use the internal tracks for the video and add your audio to those internal tracks. That way when you insert a photo which causes everything on the video track to shift, the audio attached to the video will also shift.

In many cases the audio is the last thing you should be adding just so you avoid the problem you are having. You can of course move all the audio manually but that would be a lot of work.

Another way is to break up you whole project into several smaller project, output each project to video file and at the end combine all the smaller project into your master project.

I would recommend you work with small project initially until you become familiar with some of the features and options of the program. Trying to do a full scale project right off will often lead to a dead end.

Those blank panels most likely appeared because you deleted something in those panels. Thos empty panels cannot be deleted, all you can do is shift all the panels to the right to the left.

please do not call those photos you are add "chapter photos". I now know what you mean but chapters are something alltogether different. Chapters are a subdivision of a Title and are created in the program myDVD when you are creating a DVD menu.