• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Open The Dog Download File

Shy

Question

Hello, I recently bought the download version of Toast 11.

I download the file but I can't open it, I get a message "The following disk image can't be open"

I tried the Roxio support by email and I did all of the following:

-Re-download

-Change permission

-Change the dmg to iso

-Re-download again

-download a fix-toast from support

-open it with toast 10 and disk utility

Pretty much tried everything I know of, I don't really get any useful help from Roxio support.

Any ideas?

I have an iMac, iOS 10.7.2, 4gb ram.

Help.

Thanks

Shy

4 answers to this question

That's odd. Go to Roxio's Software Updates page and download the Toast 11.0.4 update. It has everything in the original Toast 11 download except for the extra Pro-version apps and Blue-ray plugin. See if that can open. If not, try starting up your Mac in Safe Mode. Here are the instructions from Apple:

1. Shut down your computer and wait 10 seconds.

2. Press the power button.

3. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key.

You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

4.Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator (spinning gear).

To leave safe mode, restart the computer normally without holding down any keys during startup.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I did what you suggested, I already had 11.04 but I downloaded it again.

Still doesn't work.

For some reason my computer refuse to open the file....

Thanks.

Shy

It sounds like it must be an OS issue but that's just a guess. You might try Apple's Discussion groups to find any tips on what to do when you can't mount a disk image file. Can you mount other .dmg files downloaded from any of your other software vendors?

It sounds like it must be an OS issue but that's just a guess. You might try Apple's Discussion groups to find any tips on what to do when you can't mount a disk image file. Can you mount other .dmg files downloaded from any of your other software vendors?

First try another .dmg that You know hasn't issue (try to find the same size file as the Toast11), if You get the same error, we can't help you.

Second try to download the Toast11 from other resource (and You can compare the hashes), if it doesn't helps means You have a problem with exactly that program.

Hope it helps.