• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

det442

Uploading And Editing Dvd

Question

Sorry if this is a duplication but I was wondering what the best and/or most efficient way is to import video from a non copy-written DVD to edit it or pull scenes from it. Do I have upload the entire video onto my hard drive? I am using Creator 2011. I have used copy disc to image and it takes a long time.

4 answers to this question

Sorry if this is a duplication but I was wondering what the best and/or most efficient way is to import video from a non copy-written DVD to edit it or pull scenes from it. Do I have upload the entire video onto my hard drive? I am using Creator 2011. I have used copy disc to image and it takes a long time.

Copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive. If you are going to do any editing, it is the only way to go.

I don't understand what you are doing here or why: "I have used copy disc to image and it takes a long time."

BTW, uploading refers to loading data to a internet website, it has nothing to do with importing/eporting from discs.

You don't upload anything. Copy the DVD to your hard drive, then do your VideoWave editing by bringing in the files from the folder that you copied to.

You don't upload anything. Copy the DVD to your hard drive, then do your VideoWave editing by bringing in the files from the folder that you copied to.

Thanks. If I knew what I was doing I wouldn't be asking, thus, the incorrect terms.

Thanks. If I knew what I was doing I wouldn't be asking, thus, the incorrect terms.

:lol::D:lol: we all started there ;)

One way is with VideoWave, Add Video. Point it to the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD and pick any of the files in there:

post-39730-025852500 1322091243.jpg

OK the Import (if there were Chapters you could just pick the ones you wanted):

post-39730-089241000 1322091245.jpg

Then you can edit as you like:

post-39730-046142000 1322091250.jpg