Install Issues; Network Error

mikecoyne83

Question

I recently was having problems with my Roxio easy media creator 8 and decided to do a reinstall.

Before I performed my reinstall I removed Roxio and then I ran JV16 powertools to get rid of any registry keys I did not need.

I am now at the point where I am reinstalling but it hangs and gives me 3 errors all pertaining to the same issue

"a network error occurred while attempting to read from file E:\RCP_Core_30\7153a.msi

""RCP_data_3\7153a.msi

""RCP_Tools_3\7153c.msi

I have tried researching this thing and cant figure out anything. I have also tried a different installation cd I was able to borrow from work and had the same issue. my cd and key are good because I just installed it on another system with no issue.

Please help

4 answers to this question

I recently was having problems with my Roxio easy media creator 8 and decided to do a reinstall.

Before I performed my reinstall I removed Roxio and then I ran JV16 powertools to get rid of any registry keys I did not need.

I am now at the point where I am reinstalling but it hangs and gives me 3 errors all pertaining to the same issue

"a network error occurred while attempting to read from file E:\RCP_Core_30\7153a.msi

""RCP_data_3\7153a.msi

""RCP_Tools_3\7153c.msi

I have tried researching this thing and cant figure out anything. I have also tried a different installation cd I was able to borrow from work and had the same issue. my cd and key are good because I just installed it on another system with no issue.

Please help

Whatever JV16 powertools is, may have deleted the MS installer. Try downloading the newest version of the MS installer, install it, and see if that works.

You can get it here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=893803

Installer is installed and working fine.

I also just installed Paint Shop Pro X and had no problems either.

JV16 is a registry cleaner among other things, but mainly a registry cleaner.

All I removed was old registry keys associated with Easy Media Creator.

I doubt that it is linked in anyway to this issue, but obviously I could be wrong.

Thank you for you help

I would really like to resolve this issue

Installer is installed and working fine.

I also just installed Paint Shop Pro X and had no problems either.

JV16 is a registry cleaner among other things, but mainly a registry cleaner.

All I removed was old registry keys associated with Easy Media Creator.

I doubt that it is linked in anyway to this issue, but obviously I could be wrong.

Thank you for you help

I would really like to resolve this issue

You ran a program that makes changes in the Registry, but you don't think it relates to your install problem!!!

I don't know, definitively, if it is but I would use a Restore Point to return to a pre-meddling state.

If that doesn't work, you may have to Call Tech Support for this one.

Alright, I did a registry restore using JV16 and restored everything before the uninstall. Still no fix. I also rolled my OS back a couple of days and still had the same issue when I tried to do a repair operation. I then rolled back a month to when I knew it was working and now it doesnt work.

This is a noodle scratcher.

Archived