• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Uninstall Creator Version 2010

Sheytan

Question

Help, I'm trying to uninstall my Creator 2010 on my system, Windows XP. I have tried to use the original CD that came with the program to use the uninstall feature, but as it loads, I get an error code: 04C7. What is that? Then I tried to use Windows Control panel/""Add or Remove Programs" and I still come up with the error code: 04C7. What does this mean? I just want to uninstall and reinstall this program. It looks as though there is some corrupted files within Roxio and I thought that removing the program and reinstalling it will solve my problem. Now I'm completely frustrated as I cannot use the program at all, and also can't get any support because I'm told that this program is too old? (What? only a little over a year old?) Please inform me what this error code means and how do I take care of this problem?

4 answers to this question

Help, I'm trying to uninstall my Creator 2010 on my system, Windows XP. I have tried to use the original CD that came with the program to use the uninstall feature, but as it loads, I get an error code: 04C7. What is that? Then I tried to use Windows Control panel/""Add or Remove Programs" and I still come up with the error code: 04C7. What does this mean? I just want to uninstall and reinstall this program. It looks as though there is some corrupted files within Roxio and I thought that removing the program and reinstalling it will solve my problem. Now I'm completely frustrated as I cannot use the program at all, and also can't get any support because I'm told that this program is too old? (What? only a little over a year old?) Please inform me what this error code means and how do I take care of this problem?

Please read this thread.

Also did you try the first post in this forum?

BTW, C2010 is over 2 years old

Try this. We created this to deal with more problematic install/uninstall situations.

1. Copy install files from disk to a folder on hard drive

2. Download and extract setup.zip to the folder on hard drive. (replace setup.exe when prompted)

3. Double click CleanSystem.bat

post-31837-074829200 1322508999.jpg

post-31837-010903400 1322509006.jpg

Thanks so very much, I will try this solution and let you know if it works for me.