• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc10 Media Files Not Recognized

mroz2

Question

Background: I have Media Creator 10. I converted a powerpoint presentation to jpeg's. I uploaded my presentation successfully to a slideshow I created. I added audio, but it said that the media files were not recognized.

My audio files were MP3. After reading some similar topics, it seemed that switching them to wav files might work. I did so, and when I went to add the audio back into the slidshow, it gave me the same error of "media files" were not recognized.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm pretty desperate to get this presentation done and am at a loss of what I need to do to fix this.

3 answers to this question

Background: I have Media Creator 10. I converted a powerpoint presentation to jpeg's. I uploaded my presentation successfully to a slideshow I created. I added audio, but it said that the media files were not recognized.

My audio files were MP3. After reading some similar topics, it seemed that switching them to wav files might work. I did so, and when I went to add the audio back into the slidshow, it gave me the same error of "media files" were not recognized.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm pretty desperate to get this presentation done and am at a loss of what I need to do to fix this.

What program do you have. There is no "media Creator 10". There is the 5 year/version old Easy Media Creator 10 (EMC 10) and there is the 3 year old Roxy Creator 2010.

How did you create the slideshow?

What does ùploaded my presentation successfully to a slideshow I created`mean? Upload refers to transferring data to a website

From where are you getting the audio clips?

You have supplied little information on exactly what you are doing

The program I am running is Easy Media Creator 10 Suite. That's the official name on the box. Here is the version number I am running.

Easy Media Creator 10 Suite

Version: 1.0.044

I initially did a powerpoint presentation and converted the presentation slides to jpeg's. By using the "create Slideshow" feature, I was able to pull up every slide that I converted to a jpeg.

I am getting the audio files from ITunes. I converted them from AAV to MP3, and then to WAV to see if that would change the outcome of the error message.

Another tidbit that I realize I didn't mention was that I tried to go to advanced editing by selecting the "Edit in Videowave" and that's when I got the error message. I have used "Edit in Videowave" in the past to adjust the timelines of the songs i.e. being able to fade in and out songs.

I just tried this again, and what the error is actually saying is "failed to analyze media files. One or more of the files you selected may be unsupported or corrupt." My assumption is that the audio files are not being recognized, but I have them both in MP3 and WAV formats - which according to the software documenation, can be supported.

I hope that gives you better information as to what I am trying to do - if not, let me know. Thanks!

What program do you have. There is no "media Creator 10". There is the 5 year/version old Easy Media Creator 10 (EMC 10) and there is the 3 year old Roxy Creator 2010.

How did you create the slideshow?

What does ùploaded my presentation successfully to a slideshow I created`mean? Upload refers to transferring data to a website

From where are you getting the audio clips?

You have supplied little information on exactly what you are doing

Have you simply tried to remove the audio files and then see if it would open in Video Wave? You can re-add the audio files in Video Wave. BTW, not all mp3 files will work (there are different properties for mp3s) and if you converted to mp3 and then to wav, no telling what you have. BTW, are the ITunes audio files DRM free? Some are and some are not.

Are you adding only images or do you also have video files? What format are the video files?