• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

jimtnc

Necessary screen pixel Size for Music Disk Creator?

Question

I was burning a cd and noticed I couldn't see the very bottom of the burn screen where the total time used and total mb's used is posted. There is no way to shrink the screen to fit either. I know when I'm in Label creator it automatically changes the screen size to 1024x??? or something like that, but when I changed it for Music Creator it flipped back to 800x600, which is where I usually keep it. Any thoughts?

Also, when I was able to see the bottom of the screen briefly, the total bytes to be burned showed 70.3 mb. Shouldn't that be showing 700.3mb?

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

I was burning a cd and noticed I couldn't see the very bottom of the burn screen where the total time used and total mb's used is posted. There is no way to shrink the screen to fit either. I know when I'm in Label creator it automatically changes the screen size to 1024x??? or something like that, but when I changed it for Music Creator it flipped back to 800x600, which is where I usually keep it. Any thoughts?

Also, when I was able to see the bottom of the screen briefly, the total bytes to be burned showed 70.3 mb. Shouldn't that be showing 700.3mb?

Thanks.

Sorry this program requires the higher resolution. Minimum requirements are for a card that displays at 1024x768, (16-bit color graphics card. 24-bit or 32-bit true color) . and also that the text dpi is set to 96 (normal). I wouldn't worry about the size of your project until you are able to get your display right. A ten to one ratio can indicate that either you audio files are mp3 or that you are going to burn an mp3 disc.

Thanks sknis. You must get up as early as I do, and I appreciate it. :)

Do you think you could take a look at my other thread and the last entry titled "update". I'm having a little trouble picking up each entire track (title, artitst and duration). I'm only getting title and duration, and artist is checked.

Edited by jimtnc

Thanks sknis. You must get up as early as I do, and I appreciate it. :)

Do you think you could take a look at my other thread and the last entry titled "update". I'm having a little trouble picking up each entire track (title, artitst and duration). I'm only getting title and duration, and artist is checked.

If you read some of my posts in this part of the board, you will see that I am not a big fan of that program. I gave up after a couple of tries (now use lightscribe to label discs) and use plain envelops to put them in.

I've been using the free SureThing Labeler 4. It does inserts as well as disc labels. (as well as lightscribe). it will import them from a playlist on your computer or directly from a commercial cd.

Edited by sknis

Thanks sknis. It's been a bear trying to get it to work. I've also got Surething, but having a little trouble getting the complete tracklist to the layout there too. I'll keep scratchin' at it, I guess.

Thanks sknis. It's been a bear trying to get it to work. I've also got Surething, but having a little trouble getting the complete tracklist to the layout there too. I'll keep scratchin' at it, I guess.

I like using an exceptionally high tech device called a Sharpie. These things work beautifully on CDs, and don't leave em scratched at all. If you really feel like it, you can even draw a custom layout on there :huh:

You can use notepad for a CD case as well :)

Yeah, I use the Sharpie on the CD all the time, but it gets a little jammed up if I'm trying to write 19-20 tracks on it, though...hence the reason for the tracklist insert. How can I copy the tracklist from the EMC8 project window? I though it locked the tracklist up so you couldn't edit it? If I have to, I can live with the notepad thing, but how do I get it there?

I like using an exceptionally high tech device called a Sharpie. These things work beautifully on CDs, and don't leave em scratched at all. If you really feel like it, you can even draw a custom layout on there :huh:

You can use notepad for a CD case as well :)

My preference is InkJet printable discs and an Epson R200/R220 that will print directly on the disc in full color. Faster and prettier than LightScribe. Just make sure you let the ink dry overnight before spinning the disc up in a drive, unless you like the psychadelic effect of spin-art. I use the utility that came with the printer for making the Label layout.