Creating Photo Slideshows

besb421

Question

Have just bought Roxio Creator 2012 and assumed that it would have the layout for making photo slideshows. Went in to the learning centre and sure enough it shows a video tutorial on creating slideshows, except that the tutorial is showing it using Roxio Creator premium 2010. How really disappointing to go to the photo section only to find that it isn't available. Only ''Photoshow'' which is basically a online subscription app'. Is it not possible for me to now just pay a little extra to upgrade to the Premium version if it will give me the Slideshow facility please? Otherwise i think Roxio Creator is brilliant value for money. Many thank's.

Len :(

15 answers to this question

Have just bought Roxio Creator 2012 and assumed that it would have the layout for making photo slideshows. Went in to the learning centre and sure enough it shows a video tutorial on creating slideshows, except that the tutorial is showing it using Roxio Creator premium 2010. How really disappointing to go to the photo section only to find that it isn't available. Only ''Photoshow'' which is basically a online subscription app'. Is it not possible for me to now just pay a little extra to upgrade to the Premium version if it will give me the Slideshow facility please? Otherwise i think Roxio Creator is brilliant value for money. Many thank's.

Len :(

Did you try using that PhotoShow in the Photo tab or look fo the PhotoShow Express application. That should not require the Prmium membership but may be somewhat restrictive. Is so , what happened? I can't be more specific because I do have the Premium service that shows up when I try to open it.

If you don't want a prefab slide show, you can make one with Video Wave. If you open Video Wave, one of the optiuons is "New Slide Show" aka Slide Show Assistant. There are some basic slide show transition themes.

Of course you can make a slide show to meet your desires using Vidoe Wave itself. (Watch these). (Thanks to karri.)

post-58-010417000 1322687843.jpg

Edited by sknis

Hi and many thank's for your answer and suggestions. I did look at photoshow but i did also find it's not what i really wanted. I would like full control over the slideshows. I have actually done one slideshow in ''Videowave'' and, although it didn't come out too badly it was still rendered as one of the video formats. I would really like to have the (unincluded) dedicated app' for producing photo slideshows. Before i bought Creator i went through the comparison chart on Roxio site and made sure these things were included. I have written to Roxio and asked for a possible upgrade which i don't mind paying a little extra for, we'll see what they say. If not i will ask Amazon if i can swop it for the Pro version. That is of course assuming that it is actually included in there?

Many thank's again.

A 'slideshow' IS a video movie...

If you are talking about one that waits until you press the Next or Back buttons, I haven't seen any software that does that in many many years...

If you notice that the image above shows that one of the transitions is for DVD Projector Slide show. It works just like one where you press the next button to get to the next image. You started off by saying you wanted some sort of theme. Would you explain what you were reallying looking for?

post-58-031016600 1322742274.jpg

Edited by sknis

If you notice that the image above shows that one of the transitions is for DVD Projector Slide show. It works just like one where you press the next button to get to the next image. You started off by saying you wanted some sort of theme. Would you explain what you were reallying looking for?

:lol::o:lol: NEVER used it ~ probably why I didn't know that! Sorry ;)

I ran some tests and yes it does produce "projector" type control with many restrictions :P

Edited by Jim_Hardin

:lol::o:lol: NEVER used it ~ probably why I didn't know that! Sorry ;)

I ran some tests and yes it does produce "projector" type control with many restrictions :P

Yes it does produce projector type rendering of(in my opinion)not very good quality. This is one reason i was not happy with this alternative option.

Many thank's

Len Scott

I am certainly no expert on producing video clips and film footage, in fact i am rather a beginner at it but i am enjoying it and, generally i think Roxio Creator is very good value for money. Never the less i do like to do my research before i buy something and before i purchased this i went on to Roxio's site and looked at the comparison chart between the Standard and Pro versions. It clearly shows that the Slideshow app' is included in both, which is why i bought the standard edition. So, i have written to Roxio support dep't and asked for an upgrade or download to give me this facility as it is advertised on their comparison chart. I'm not holding my breath but, if i don't get any satisfaction from Roxio, which will be a great shame then i will ask Amazon if i can change it for the Pro version and pay the difference. Assuming of course that the Pro version i receive will have the app' included. I would have thought though that it could be resolved by Roxio just sending me a download to upgrade the version that i have.

I am certainly no expert on producing video clips and film footage, in fact i am rather a beginner at it but i am enjoying it and, generally i think Roxio Creator is very good value for money. Never the less i do like to do my research before i buy something and before i purchased this i went on to Roxio's site and looked at the comparison chart between the Standard and Pro versions. It clearly shows that the Slideshow app' is included in both, which is why i bought the standard edition. So, i have written to Roxio support dep't and asked for an upgrade or download to give me this facility as it is advertised on their comparison chart. I'm not holding my breath but, if i don't get any satisfaction from Roxio, which will be a great shame then i will ask Amazon if i can change it for the Pro version and pay the difference. Assuming of course that the Pro version i receive will have the app' included. I would have thought though that it could be resolved by Roxio just sending me a download to upgrade the version that i have.

Please post a link to what you are taalking about. I don't know of any version that has a Slide Show applicaqtion other than what is talked about before.

I think a bunch of us are working at a disadvantage becasue we have the PhotoShow Premium account. Perhaps someone that has Creator 2012 but does not have the Premium account can help.

This is what I see if I compare Pro vs Standard regarding Photos;

post-58-000608000 1322773167.jpg

Edited by sknis

Hi, when you open Roxio Creator this is what you get as all your choices after pressing the ''Photo'' button in the standard edition. The ''Create'' options begin with ''Create Photoshows''. In fact it should start off with ''Create Slideshows''but, this option is missing from my programme. If i go in to the next button down which is the ''Learning Centre'' It clearly shows a tutorial and a downloadable PDF showing exactly how to create slideshows from here. But, as you can see from my photo' here my it is not listed.

Under the direction of Roxio support i have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the whole programme (takes forever) and the problem is still there. They say that i should definitely have this option and they will resolve it. I have sent them all this information and am now waiting for their next advice.

Watch this space.

Len

post-64261-003635100 1322832180.jpg

besb - you still haven't explained what you are looking for.

1) You ahve been shown at least 3 ways of doing a slide show and how to get to the applications.

2) you indicated that you saw a sales blurb for Pro that indicated that there was something more. I posted an image and asked for a link to the place you found the information you are talking about.

3) You still haven't told us what you want other than a "slide show" with themes. Please explain in more detail what you think should be there.

4) You haven't told us wjhat you get when you clcik on or select "Make PhotoShow"

Answer the d...m questions if you are serious about getting help. All you are doing now is telling us what we already know about the program; what we don't know is what YOU want or expect.

besb - you still haven't explained what you are looking for.

1) You ahve been shown at least 3 ways of doing a slide show and how to get to the applications.

2) you indicated that you saw a sales blurb for Pro that indicated that there was something more. I posted an image and asked for a link to the place you found the information you are talking about.

3) You still haven't told us what you want other than a "slide show" with themes. Please explain in more detail what you think should be there.

4) You haven't told us wjhat you get when you clcik on or select "Make PhotoShow"

Answer the d...m questions if you are serious about getting help. All you are doing now is telling us what we already know about the program; what we don't know is what YOU want or expect.

Great shame you have to be so bloody rude instead of just trying to be understanding. If you factored in that i may not be very good at explaining myself, along with the fact that, as i explained earlier i am quite the novice at this programme and you decided that you still couldn't restrain yourself from being rude then i would have preferred not to have your contribution.

thankyou. :angry:

Thankyou very much Jim for your explanation and screenshots of how else i can get into ''Create a slideshow'' I can do it now without actually opening the video editing programme ''Videowave''. My bone of contention has been that the tutorial clearly shows entry to ''Create a Slideshow'' via the ''Create'' options in the Photo section. This is not available to me on my copy and Roxio agree with me that it should be and are looking into it. Now though you have shown me, through your patients that i can access it via :File, Photo, and then create slideshows. This means i can create a slideshow in one programme and then send it in to videowave if i choose and not have to have both programmes open at once. Less drain of resources on my old computer which is an old Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo P, 7 years old but going strong. I am beginning to enjoy this video editing of many years of old family videos and photo's and putting them on You Tube for the family so, i think it's probably about time i invested in a new faster computer. Transfering old VHS tapes and rendering video on mine slows it sometimes almost to a stop.

Anyway once again, many thank's for your patience and time.

Regards, Len Scott.

Great shame you have to be so bloody rude instead of just trying to be understanding. If you factored in that i may not be very good at explaining myself, along with the fact that, as i explained earlier i am quite the novice at this programme and you decided that you still couldn't restrain yourself from being rude then i would have preferred not to have your contribution.

thankyou. :angry:

But he is correct :huh: It would not have taken a Topinc that went on for 14 replies had you been clear in the beginning ;)

On the other hand, if your new to the Suite or editing, you don't always know exactly what you want since you don't know what it can do :lol:

Steve has been around here a long time and really knows his stuff!

Don't hesitate to pop in even if it isn't a specific question, we all like comparing notes too :P