Burn Disk Image Error

mega blonde

Question

My initial problem when trying to burn a DVD was the following error, Failed to start the image writing operation Error while Burning Image__80004003 Error while Aborting.

After reading through similar problems, i thought i had found the fix by first burning to image file and then using the disk copier to burn to DVD.

I saved the ISO file to my desktop and when i tried to burn ( with DVD+R blank DVD's), i got the following error:

There was a problem writing to disk.

sense:03 ASC:73 ASCQ: 03 (command 5b)

pxdll 4.30 .13.0

pxafs.dll:4.30 .13.0

pxdrv.dll: 1.02.61a

pxmas.dll:4.30 .13.0

pxsfs.dll:4.30 .13.0

pxwave.dll:4.30 .13.0

pxwma.dll:1,0,0,3

I am running vista home premium SP2

processor : pentium dual core T4200 2.00 GHz

CD ROM drive: Matshita dvd-ram uj880as

memory: 3GB RAM

with 153GB of 223GB free space on hard drive.

Can anyone please tell me how i can fix this?

4 answers to this question

A little searching, and it appears that your error message translates to: "POWER CALIBRATION AREA ERROR" Basically, the drive isn't recognizing the disc information written on the disc, and it can't figure out a good power setting to use.

Two possible solutions come to mind:

1) try a different brand of blank disc. Verbatim discs are typically good. Taiyo Yuden/JVC are among the very best. But get a few discs of different brands and see if that solves your problem.

2) update the firmware on your drive. You'll have to go to the drive manufacturer to look for that, or possibly the manufacturer of your PC. Follow whatever instructions that come with the update very carefully.

It's also possible the laser in your drive is going bad.

Hope that helps!

My initial problem when trying to burn a DVD was the following error, Failed to start the image writing operation Error while Burning Image__80004003 Error while Aborting.

After reading through similar problems, i thought i had found the fix by first burning to image file and then using the disk copier to burn to DVD.

I saved the ISO file to my desktop and when i tried to burn ( with DVD+R blank DVD's), i got the following error:

There was a problem writing to disk.

sense:03 ASC:73 ASCQ: 03 (command 5b)

pxdll 4.30 .13.0

pxafs.dll:4.30 .13.0

pxdrv.dll: 1.02.61a

pxmas.dll:4.30 .13.0

pxsfs.dll:4.30 .13.0

pxwave.dll:4.30 .13.0

pxwma.dll:1,0,0,3

I am running vista home premium SP2

processor : pentium dual core T4200 2.00 GHz

CD ROM drive: Matshita dvd-ram uj880as

memory: 3GB RAM

with 153GB of 223GB free space on hard drive.

Can anyone please tell me how i can fix this?

Your drive is complaining about the discs. It (its firmware) can't find a decent write strategy for burning to them.

Get yourself some Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs instead.

Thanks for the reply.

Verbatim disks are top of my shopping list for tomorrow.

I came across a possible solution for POWER CALIBRATION AREA ERROR. Locate IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service and set startup type to disable. I've gone through the list of services a few times and can't locate this anywhere, could this have anything to do with the problems i'm having?

Thanks for the reply.

Verbatim disks are top of my shopping list for tomorrow.

I came across a possible solution for POWER CALIBRATION AREA ERROR. Locate IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service and set startup type to disable. I've gone through the list of services a few times and can't locate this anywhere, could this have anything to do with the problems i'm having?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/windowsopticalplatform/thread/14a45923-648c-4d3d-8212-5a9dc2aa2c32/