How To Put Content On 2 Disc

squatch

Question

8 answers to this question

OK, I'm back. I have a program that I would like to copy on two disc instead of using a dual layer. If needed I can use a dual layer disc.

thanks

Mike

A single 7GB program file? I have never heard of such a program. Unless you want to "split" the file the only option is to use a DL DVD.

Perhaps you can supply some information on that program file. Is it an iso, exe or what?

A single 7GB program file? I have never heard of such a program. Unless you want to "split" the file the only option is to use a DL DVD.

Perhaps you can supply some information on that program file. Is it an iso, exe or what?

I was just getting ready to add more info after I re-read my post. It's an ,.iso

I was just getting ready to add more info after I re-read my post. It's an ,.iso

Is that an image file of a video or what?

You could create a virtual image drive and then load the iso file to that drive. Unless the iso is made up of a single file your should then have a number of individual file and you should be able to split the files to burn to 2 DVDs.

Is that an image file of a video or what?

You could create a virtual image drive and then load the iso file to that drive. Unless the iso is made up of a single file your should then have a number of individual file and you should be able to split the files to burn to 2 DVDs.

since it's a card making program i'm going to say it's an image file with many files

If it's a card-making program it will probably have an installer, and the installer will likely expect to find various components in particular places on the installer disc.

Splitting the components between two discs would require you to either rewrite the installer so you get an "Insert disc #2" prompt and then continued installation, or else would need you to copy both discs onto your hard drive in the original arrangement so you could install from there.

I think you're right, and it would be easiest to use a DL disc if you want to store it on plastic. If you just want to install it once, you could use MagicIso to extract the contents of the ISO to your hard drive, install from there, and then delete the extracted contents.

Regards,

Brendon