• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Itune Songlist Dragged Into Toast 11 Are Out Of Order

mjalazard

Question

What is going on! I now have to dispose of over 50 Christmas Mix CD's I burned yesterday. When I dragged the iTunes song file into the Toast 11 file, all the songs were listed out of order. I don't know how to keep this from happening. I did not find out about this until the end of my 'burn' session. I never ran into this problem with Toast 10. Finally, when I close, the Toast 11 file for that disc, I am prompted to save that file, which I do. However, every time I open the Toast file again, the songs are not listed. What is wrong!!!

I just has to throw away $$ of CD's with custom labels that were no good.

Mike Alazard

7 answers to this question

Use the Toast Media Browser to access the songs from the iTunes playlist. Click the Audio tab in the media browser and then scroll to your desired playlist. Highlight all the tracks you want to add to Toast and click the + button or just drag them over as a set. They will be added in the same order they are in the playlist. I just checked and when I save the Toast project with the tracks added the way I described, opening that .disc file returns everything in the window the way it was before quitting.

I am having the exact same issue and I'm on Toast Titanium 11.0.4 and iTunes 10.5.2 on a Mac. Regardless of whether I use the media browser to drag in the files, or I drag directly from iTunes the playlist sort order is ignored and the files are automatically sorted by the "CD Track" number of the original song in iTunes.

This is a problem. If it is something I need to change please tell me what to do. If not, please fix this, Roxio.

I am having the exact same issue and I'm on Toast Titanium 11.0.4 and iTunes 10.5.2 on a Mac. Regardless of whether I use the media browser to drag in the files, or I drag directly from iTunes the playlist sort order is ignored and the files are automatically sorted by the "CD Track" number of the original song in iTunes.

This is a problem. If it is something I need to change please tell me what to do. If not, please fix this, Roxio.

I just checked again and using the Toast Media Browser works for me to retain the playlist order rather than the album order.

I created a playlist in iTunes and dragged in some tracks. I then rearranged those tracks so they were in mixed order. Next I opened Toast and chose Audio CD as the format in the Audio window (although I could have chosen Audio Files as the format in the Convert window). I clicked the Audio tab in the Media Browser and selected the playlist in the upper part of the browser window. The tracks appeared in the browser window in the same order they appeared in the iTunes Playlist view. I selected those tracks and clicked the + button to add them to the main Toast window and they remained in the playlist order rather than appearing in their album order.

What version of Toast and iTunes are you using? I tried, again, today and it is still not working for me.

Also, I am creating an MP3 CD.

I just checked again and using the Toast Media Browser works for me to retain the playlist order rather than the album order.

I created a playlist in iTunes and dragged in some tracks. I then rearranged those tracks so they were in mixed order. Next I opened Toast and chose Audio CD as the format in the Audio window (although I could have chosen Audio Files as the format in the Convert window). I clicked the Audio tab in the Media Browser and selected the playlist in the upper part of the browser window. The tracks appeared in the browser window in the same order they appeared in the iTunes Playlist view. I selected those tracks and clicked the + button to add them to the main Toast window and they remained in the playlist order rather than appearing in their album order.

What version of Toast and iTunes are you using? I tried, again, today and it is still not working for me.

Also, I am creating an MP3 CD.

MP3 CDs are data discs in an ISO9660 format so they are always alphanumeric by file name. It's the mp3 CD format that's causing your issue, not Toast. You do have some control of the order other than renaming the track's file names by creating folders in the Toast window and dragging groups of tracks into those folders. The tracks will still be sorted alphanumerically within each folder, however. To create folders start by clicking the New Disc icon that's just to the right of the "i" at near the bottom of the Toast window. After creating a "new disc" that icon becomes "new folder". Note that you can name the disc and folders in the Toast window. If you drag a folder onto another folder it will place it inside that folder. I believe most MP3 players will go 3 or 4 folders deep, but I'm not sure of this.

If you must keep all the tracks in a certain order then you need to change the digits at the front of the track name so they are in the alphanumeric order you want them to be. You can change those digits in the Toast window without the actual file names being changed so it has no effect on your iTunes Library.

I just thought of something else. Burn your MP3 CD in iTunes. I believe it keeps the order the same as the playlist order but I'm not certain.

Edited by tsantee

Thank you very much for your help. It appears that I was misled by a lack of detail in other posts where folks claimed MP3 CD's could be created in the same order as they are displayed in iTunes. It appears that I wasted $80 on Toast 11. This is explicitly why I purchased the software. It seems that the Toast developers could easily remedy this by using the iTunes sort sequence when dragged to Toast's GUI. If only I could get a refund.

MP3 CDs are data discs in an ISO9660 format so they are always alphanumeric by file name. It's the mp3 CD format that's causing your issue, not Toast. You do have some control of the order other than renaming the track's file names by creating folders in the Toast window and dragging groups of tracks into those folders. The tracks will still be sorted alphanumerically within each folder, however. To create folders start by clicking the New Disc icon that's just to the right of the "i" at near the bottom of the Toast window. After creating a "new disc" that icon becomes "new folder". Note that you can name the disc and folders in the Toast window. If you drag a folder onto another folder it will place it inside that folder. I believe most MP3 players will go 3 or 4 folders deep, but I'm not sure of this.

If you must keep all the tracks in a certain order then you need to change the digits at the front of the track name so they are in the alphanumeric order you want them to be. You can change those digits in the Toast window without the actual file names being changed so it has no effect on your iTunes Library.

I just thought of something else. Burn your MP3 CD in iTunes. I believe it keeps the order the same as the playlist order but I'm not certain.

Thank you very much for your help. It appears that I was misled by a lack of detail in other posts where folks claimed MP3 CD's could be created in the same order as they are displayed in iTunes. It appears that I wasted $80 on Toast 11. This is explicitly why I purchased the software. It seems that the Toast developers could easily remedy this by using the iTunes sort sequence when dragged to Toast's GUI. If only I could get a refund.

If you bought directly from Roxio they have a 30-day refund policy.