• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cineplayer Bd Nvidia Driver Update Error

hombrezoo

Question

Hello, I recently updated my laptop to the latest nvidia driver 285.62 and as usual with any video driver update cineplayer BD stops working properly.

I'm currently using Roxio 5.82. There's sound but no image, I uninstalled both the nivida driver and roxio but always with no luck.

Have a Asus ROG G73S 3d

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Hello, I recently updated my laptop to the latest nvidia driver 285.62 and as usual with any video driver update cineplayer BD stops working properly.

I'm currently using Roxio 5.82. There's sound but no image, I uninstalled both the nivida driver and roxio but always with no luck.

Have a Asus ROG G73S 3d

Thanks

It is the driver and not the program. Did yiou go to the nvidia site to get the new driver or to the Ausus site? Most laptop manufacturers tweak the drivers for their laptops (for power requiremnts or oteher) and post those drivers. The ones directly from nvidia may cause a lot of issues.

There have been a lot of complaints on the nvidia site about the latest drivers with the same issue. Roll back to an earlier one directly from Asus. Read this.

I looked but could not find your laptop on the Asus site but a close one had a driver from September. Thta is what you should use.

I just installed (new) nvidia card yesterday and used the driver that came with the card -266. 44. CinePlayer BD is working perfectly. I would think that would be more stringent than just installing a driver.

When you open CinePlayer, do you see the BD name? If you uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, you would need to apply the upgrade.

Edited by sknis

Have a Asus ROG G73S 3d

Thanks

Explain in detail the bold text above.

Explain in detail the bold text above.

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply.

Here's the story:

When I first got my laptop everything was working fine, then I upgraded from the pre installed NVIDIA driver to the 280.26 (That's the one that came out in September by the way), then Cineplayer BD stopped working, had sound but no image. The cineplayer BD version pre installed was cp_562_suite_562b24a_a04_11langs, then I found the upgrade of cineplayer to the cineplayer_582_suite_582b32b_a07, everything worked again, but took me a while to find the cineplayer upgrade.

Now I upgraded the NVIDIA driver to the 285.62 version and have the same issue with Cineplayer as before. It's a pain cause if my kids want to watch movies I have to roll back to the previous driver, and if I want play Battlefield 3 and Batman Arkham City have to reinstall the NVIDIA upgrade and so on.

One funny thing is that with the latest NVIDIA upgrade Cineplayer is able to play 3d Blurays, but can't play 2d ones, neither the 3d Blurays that have the dual 32 2d encoding.

So, any clue?

Thanks

Edited by hombrezoo