Unknown Capture Error Message

akf1000

Question

I've been going back and forth with Roxio Support for the past 3 months with no success (they keep sending me the same troubleshooting articles). Hopefully someone on here will be able to help me out.

My initial problem was with cracking/distorted audio. Adjusting volume levels never helped. Uninstalling/reinstalling worked temporarily but after a few captures, the audio would turn to crap again. I have every driver imaginable updated on my computer and have the most recent version of the Roxio GameCapture software installed.

I now have a new issue after updating everything. I cannot record, period. My computer recognizes the Roxio input as it normally did. Even the preview screen in the capture mode shows what's on screen, but you can't hear the audio. I can hit start capture, and it does, except nothing is recorded. The "Stop Capture" button appears but the "Time Elapsed" stays at zero, and no hard drive space is used up, so the file isn't being created. When I stop the capture I get an error message "Unknown Capture Error". Does anyone have any advice regarding this issue?

PC Specs

Toshiba Satellite L755-S5271

Windows 7 - 64 bit

4GB DDR3 1333MHz

Intel Core i3-2310M Processor 2.1 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache

Intel HD Graphics with 64 MB

Thanks in advance for any help,

Andrew

6 answers to this question

Did you update the drivers from the Toshiba site? There is a video driver from November of this year. The audio driver is from Sept of this year.

Note: They are doing a better job of supplying drivers than they did years ago. I had a Satellite that had 3 to 4 year old drivers as the newest.

Tell us about the condition of your hard drive. Are you capturing to your system drive or elsewhere?

Double check the connections, they may have been accidentially moved or loosened.

How do you have your Audio capture set in W7? Does it change by itself sometimes?

Did Roxio ever suggest that you may have an issue with the capture device itself?

Edited by sknis

Double check that model number. I went to the Toshiba web site for drivers (which you should have done) but I can't find anytiing on that model number. unsure.gif

http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/L750/L755-S5271/

Downloads,

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=3025533&rpn=PSK1WU&modelFilter=L755-S5271&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663

Edited by cdanteek

Did you update the drivers from the Toshiba site? There is a video driver from November of this year. The audio driver is from Sept of this year.

Note: They are doing a better job of supplying drivers than they did years ago. I had a Satellite that had 3 to 4 year old drivers as the newest.

Tell us about the condition of your hard drive. Are you capturing to your system drive or elsewhere?

Double check the connections, they may have been accidentially moved or loosened.

How do you have your Audio capture set in W7? Does it change by itself sometimes?

Did Roxio ever suggest that you may have an issue with the capture device itself?

Thanks for responding so quickly!

I just downloaded a bunch of drivers yesterday, but I'll double check and reinstall in case I missed any.

My computer is new, just got it over the summer. I have plenty of space on my comp's hard drive but I have been capturing to my external which has over a TB of space. In the past I haven't had an issue w/ capturing directly to the external, although I can double check to see if that is the issue as well.

I'm a little unclear about this question. Would you be able to clarify about the audio capture settings for W7?

Roxio has never suggested an issue w/ the device itself, although I have had suspicions about that. I just keep getting troubleshooting tip after troubleshooting tip, many of which are the same or don't make any sense as to how it would effect capturing.

Thanks again.

Update

I have downloaded the most recent drivers which did not solve the issue.

I have tried capturing my videos to multiple places and nothing worked.

Edited by akf1000

"I'm a little unclear about this question. Would you be able to clarify about the audio capture settings for W7?"

See if this helps http://forums.suppor...me-on-rgc-unit/

Thanks, I thought that's what was being referenced but wasn't positive.

I have adjusted the volume level as shown and it didn't effect the audio level of the recordings at all.