Adil

1080I On Square Monitor?

Question

i have this old monitor, would it be possible if i use a Component-VGA cable to plug the Roxio game Cap into it, it is Square so im not sure if it would capture in high quality and still preview high quality aswell

7 answers to this question

i have this old monitor, would it be possible if i use a Component-VGA cable to plug the Roxio game Cap into it, it is Square so im not sure if it would capture in high quality and still preview high quality aswell

Think about it. What is the resolution of your monitor? Remember the game console, game capture device and your computer are the main important pieces of hardware. The monitor has nothing to do with it. It would if you were doing screen capture but you are not.

Happy Holidays. smile.gif

Think about it. What is the resolution of your monitor? Remember the game console, game capture device and your computer are the main important pieces of hardware. The monitor has nothing to do with it. It would if you were doing screen capture but you are not.

Happy Holidays. smile.gif

but is it not the monitor that the image outputs onto. i was hoping that 1080i wouldnt be incompatible with my monitor.I have a 19" Xerox XA719i

but is it not the monitor that the image outputs onto. i was hoping that 1080i wouldnt be incompatible with my monitor.I have a 19" Xerox XA719i

Please explain the above. I 'm a little slow today so you'll have to explain it better.

Please explain the above. I 'm a little slow today so you'll have to explain it better.

ok i have my laptop, xbox, roxio, and that monitor, i want a 1080i/p input on that monitor and a non-distorted one, whilst i still have full recording quality, is it possible with that monitor or should i buy http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-G2220HD-21-5-Inch-Monitor/dp/B001WRMOTU/ref=sr_1_15?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1324839621&sr=1-15

ok i have my laptop, xbox, roxio, and that monitor, i want a 1080i/p input on that monitor and a non-distorted one, whilst i still have full recording quality, is it possible with that monitor or should i buy http://www.amazon.co...4839621&sr=1-15

Are you outputting the video to both your laptop and to the monitor? What monitor do you currently have and what is the native resolution? What is the max?

You talk about distortion. Does the program look OK on the laptop? If you are using a 4 by 3 monitor, there has to be some kind of distortion if yoiu try to display the 16 by 9 full screen.

I guess a good night sleep didn't make me any smarter. Please explain about the laoptop and the extra monitor. Please post so that even your significant other or children or even parents can understand.

Are you outputting the video to both your laptop and to the monitor? What monitor do you currently have and what is the native resolution? What is the max?

You talk about distortion. Does the program look OK on the laptop? If you are using a 4 by 3 monitor, there has to be some kind of distortion if yoiu try to display the 16 by 9 full screen.

I guess a good night sleep didn't make me any smarter. Please explain about the laoptop and the extra monitor. Please post so that even your significant other or children or even parents can understand.

ok i want my laptop to keep its 1080i recording quality whilst my square 4:3 monitor displays full HD

ok i want my laptop to keep its 1080i recording quality whilst my square 4:3 monitor displays full HD

A 4x3 analog monitor cannot display "full HD"