Chris Nicola

Opening Sound Editor Project With Renamed Source Files?

Question

I would be interested to learn if it is possible to rename the source sound files used in a .dmse sound editor project so that the project can still be opened again. Sometimes after finishing a project I find that the source files have a spelling mistake or I wish to change the name of the unedited source file for some other reason. Of course if I rename the source file or files then a Roxio sound editor project will not open them because it is looking for the old file name. Is there a work around? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Chris

Edited by Chris Nicola

2 answers to this question

Not that I know of.

All the project is is a map to where things are.

If you change the path to the file then the project won't find them and won't open.

Doesn't matter if it's the drive location you change or the file name.

As far as I know anyways.

Thanks for your thoughts. On the positive side if the file is moved the editor allows you to browse to another location to find the missing file but changing the original source sound file name is less forgiving.

I just tried an experiment that worked. I changed the .dmse file to a .txt extension. Then copied the text to Word and searched for the old file name and replaced with the new file name. Word found and replaced 44 times. Then copied from word back to the txt file and renamed to .dmse. The sound editor project then reopened with the renamed source sound file. However its a lot easier to put up with the old file name rather than go through this procedure to change it. It seems there is no easy fix.

Kind Regards

Chris

Edited by Chris Nicola