Cannot See Any Itunes Media In Browser

Gaffy1

Question

7 answers to this question

Is your iTunes library in its default location in the Music folder? If it isn't you may need to add items from the iTunes library in a different way. In iTunes place what you want in a Playlist and then drag the playlist or selected items from within the playlist to Toast.

post-101260-044551200 1325200602.pngHi thanks for getting back so soon. I have checked my itunes media folder is in my music folder but toast is still not seeing it.

Does toast look for all of the media in the itunes folder? I have taken a screen shot to see if you can help.

Do you think i might have to uninstall then reinstallScreen post-101260-044387800 1325198275.png

Edited by Gaffy1

The Toast media browser is not working correctly on your Mac. Go to your user>Library>Preferences folder and trash the Toast plist and prefs files and relaunch Toast. That may fix the problem. If it doesn't, I suggest reinstalling Toast. If you are running Lion the way to access your User Library is to hold down the option key while selecting the Go menu in the Finder.

Hi i have looked at this but cant find any of the toast files you mentioned.I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the program but still no media or toast files.I have posted another couple of screen shots for you to have a look at.

Thanks again for your helppost-101260-042633300 1325350423.png

post-101260-026207300 1325350405.png

Edited by Gaffy1

Hi i have looked at this but cant find any of the toast files you mentioned.I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the program but still no media or toast files.I have posted another couple of screen shots for you to have a look at.

Thanks again for your help.

That isn't your user library. The Mac has three different libraries. Assuming you're running Lion go to the Finder and hold down the option key while clicking on the Go menu. Scroll down and select Library from the drop-down list. The two Toast preference files a titled "com.roxio.toast.plist" and "Roxio Toast Prefs". You'll need to go through the Toast set-up assistant again when you relaunch Toast but the registration key should already be entered.

Hi i have tried this but still not working. Can you think of anything else?

could there be a file missing in Itunes folder or something like that?

Does Roxio search all your music folder?

Thanks again for all your help it is greatly appreciated.

Starting to get really frustrated.

Hi i have tried this but still not working. Can you think of anything else?

could there be a file missing in Itunes folder or something like that?

Does Roxio search all your music folder?

Thanks again for all your help it is greatly appreciated.

Starting to get really frustrated.

When I click the Audio tab of the Media Browser the top item in the window is titled "Library" which is followed by all my iTunes playlists (and folders containing playlists). Incidentally, tracks need to be in playlists in order to be added to Toast via the Media Browser. You also can drag Toasts from iTunes to Toast if the tracks are in a playlist. I'm pretty sure you can drag and entire playlist from iTunes to Toast as well.

Only the iTunes library appears when audio is selected in the browser. It doesn't access any other music. To do that you need to use the Data tab of the browser and drill to the folder you want. What's easier is just to drag the tracks or folders of tracks to Toast from the Finder.

I don't know why the iTunes Library isn't showing up in the Media Browser. This may be a good time to run Disk Warrior if you have it or to at least do a disk first aid using Disk Utility. It could be there is a problem with your Mac's System database file.

Edited by tsantee