• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Saving Sound Editor Pojects

jb977

Question

I am trying to save my Sound Editor projects every so often to prevent losing everything if my computer decides to hiccup. But when I open the project after saving it and closing the SE I get only half of what I have completed (usually a cleanig effect that I added and the file as I had opened it. All tracks disappear and the equalizer disappears too, forcing me to start over anyways.

Any suggestions on what might be happening and how to correct it?

4 answers to this question

I am trying to save my Sound Editor projects every so often to prevent losing everything if my computer decides to hiccup. But when I open the project after saving it and closing the SE I get only half of what I have completed (usually a cleanig effect that I added and the file as I had opened it. All tracks disappear and the equalizer disappears too, forcing me to start over anyways.

Any suggestions on what might be happening and how to correct it?

In order to keep the "fixes" you make to an audio file, you have to export it; not just save the project. The "fixes" are applied during the export process. You can export one music track or the entire project. Then when you want to work on it, just load that exported music file.

In order to keep the "fixes" you make to an audio file, you have to export it; not just save the project. The "fixes" are applied during the export process. You can export one music track or the entire project. Then when you want to work on it, just load that exported music file.

Yes, I saw a response similar to that on another post, but when click save project I get a dialog box saying that some changes made to this file will not be saved in the .wav format and to preserve the changes click Save Project or to save in its native format click save file.

I click save project as I want to preserve the changes. So why does it not save everyting, forcing me to start over? If I needed to export the dialog should suggest that as well.

Either way I will try the export method.

Yes, I saw a response similar to that on another post, but when click save project I get a dialog box saying that some changes made to this file will not be saved in the .wav format and to preserve the changes click Save Project or to save in its native format click save file.

I click save project as I want to preserve the changes. So why does it not save everyting, forcing me to start over? If I needed to export the dialog should suggest that as well.

Either way I will try the export method.

You aren't paying attention to what he said. DO NOT CLICK ON SAVE AS. Click on File, then click on EXPORT.....

Ok. Got it. Apparently the file was created using Easy CD/DVD Creator 6, so EMC 8 did not fully recognize the file. So exporting it to create the .dmse file was the way to go. Everything works now.

I got messed up when I had succesfully saved two other recordings I made from LP's in EMC 8's LP/Tape Assistant and editing them in Sound Recorder, using Save Project. Naturally I thought I could do it with the " older " recordings made using Easy CD/DVD Creator 6.

Thank you to sknis for his suggestion.

Archived