Sign in to follow this  
videorama

Video Format Question

Question

Been looking at a new camera with the limitation that the video recording format be compatible with EMC 7.X on a Windows SP PC running EMC 7,X and found Panasonic Lumix DCM ZS9. The thing is, the specs say the video is "Quick Time Motion JPEG" for HD and "Motion JPEG" for SD. Are either of these compatible with EMC 7.X?

2 answers to this question

Been looking at a new camera with the limitation that the video recording format be compatible with EMC 7.X on a Windows SP PC running EMC 7,X and found Panasonic Lumix DCM ZS9. The thing is, the specs say the video is "Quick Time Motion JPEG" for HD and "Motion JPEG" for SD. Are either of these compatible with EMC 7.X?

MJEG definitely won't work with EMC7, and no HD widescreen files will work with EMC 7.

MJEG definitely won't work with EMC7, and no HD widescreen files will work with EMC 7.

That's what I figured.

I know that those formats will work just fine in a MAC as my daughter has a Lumix (DCM FH1) and it plays nicely with the MAC.

Is there a later version of EMC that will work with either of the above formats or any software that can "convert" either of the above formats to work in EMC Windows Movie Maker?

Thanks for your help.