• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Fit-To-Dvd Doesn't Work On Toast 11

sportq

Question

For some time (well prior to Toast 11) I have used Toast to backup my DVD movies to 4.7GB media.

Because the DVDRW drive on my Macbook Pro is dead, I write the image to an .iso file and then transfer that to a PC to burn.

Since I upgraded to Toast 11 this no longer works for me. I do exactly the same as I did with version 10 but the .iso ends up the same size (>4.7GB) as the original VIDEO_TS directory.

I've had a long running support case open with Roxio support (1289695 in case they're listening, BTW, it should he used for customer support training - how NOT to do it) who at various times have told me that compressing a DVD to 4.7GB is not possible. I've tried it with various sizes of source VIDEO_TS folders, some just over 5GB and still the output .iso is the same size as the original.

I've checked and double checked that the "Fit-to-DVD compression" check box is ticked in the Options pane, the progress bar even claims it's compressing (and the cpu's go 100% busy) but no luck.

Any suggestions, it's really frustrating.

Pete

1 answer to this question