• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

jeanuwood

Video/slideshow

Question

I am just starting to learn to use this program that I got for my birthday. I think it's complicated compared to what I used to make the last slideshow. Before I waste a lot of time trying to figure this out, can a video clip be added in the middle of a slideshow. Are there any tutorials that show you step by step how to make a slideshow?

Thanks

9 answers to this question

I am just starting to learn to use this program that I got for my birthday. I think it's complicated compared to what I used to make the last slideshow. Before I waste a lot of time trying to figure this out, can a video clip be added in the middle of a slideshow. Are there any tutorials that show you step by step how to make a slideshow?

Thanks

Glad you asked. Here is a great set of tutorial for using Edit Video -Advanced aka Video Wave. It shows what you can do. One of our expert members put them together.

Yes, you can substitute a supported video file in place of an image.

This set of tutorials discuss editing the video itself and making a personalized menu in Create DVD.

Both of these are for earlier versions but the basic process is the same.

Oh, by the way, you posted in the Creator 2011 part of the forum; that is one version out of date. Do you have Creator 2010 or the latest Creator 2012. It doesn't matter for a beginner but if you were into 3D and other more advanced projects, they may be different.

Edited by sknis

I posted in the creator 2011 because that is what he bought for me. I do have an old 2009 version that a friend gave me. should I upgrade to 2012? I just wanted something easy to use to make these slideshows from our cruises for everyone.

I posted in the creator 2011 because that is what he bought for me. I do have an old 2009 version that a friend gave me. should I upgrade to 2012? I just wanted something easy to use to make these slideshows from our cruises for everyone.

No, Creator 2011 is great and you are losing very little. Sell or donate the Creator 2009.

Once you get into this program and are hooked, you could then decide what to update to. By that time, it may be Creator 2013 0r higher.

How long are the video you want to add? There is an easy slide show program that you can use but the ability to add video is limited. You seem like the kind of person who wants to personalize. Stick with "Edit Video -Advanced aka Video Wave and Create DVD.

Thanks so much for the link to the tutorials. They helped me alot and I was able to get my photos, music and the 2 video clips done. I know this sounds like a stupid question.........but I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find the answer. Now that I have my movie made in videowave, how do I burn it to a cd or dvd, and which should I use a cd or dvd? Thanks so much. All my cruise buddies are going to be so excited to see the video of our cruise.

Thanks so much for the link to the tutorials. They helped me alot and I was able to get my photos, music and the 2 video clips done. I know this sounds like a stupid question.........but I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find the answer. Now that I have my movie made in videowave, how do I burn it to a cd or dvd, and which should I use a cd or dvd? Thanks so much. All my cruise buddies are going to be so excited to see the video of our cruise.

No, sometimes we talk so much about putting the video together that we forget that there are things to do afterward to share. You would use Create DVD, - I forgot what it is called in your version; perhaps Create DVD-Advanced - Roxio likes to change names for the main menu but they all open to "My DVD"

Here is a tutorial on that. You can start with the second blue text link in that tutorial. .

Remember that you can put only one hour of best quality video on a standard DVD.

Always set the project to best quality, always burn to an ISO file (since you will be making several DVDs) And then burn to the DVD using the burn disc image application.,.

Don't use CD because the quality of the video will be much diminished and not all DVD players will play a video CD.

I so appreciate the time you are taking to reply to my thread. I must be a complete idiot... The second blue text link will not let me click it. I also do not know how to make the iso file you speak of. My project is saved Adventure of the Seas.dmsm. It doesnt show up in the roxio projects folder but I can open it in the videowave. So where do I go from here?

I so appreciate the time you are taking to reply to my thread. I must be a complete idiot... The second blue text link will not let me click it. I also do not know how to make the iso file you speak of. My project is saved Adventure of the Seas.dmsm. It doesnt show up in the roxio projects folder but I can open it in the videowave. So where do I go from here?

Which 2nd blue text link are you talking about. It helps if you are specific when you refer to something.

Your project file does not appear in the Roxio projects folder because you most likely saved it somewhere else. Since you can open the project in Videowave, use the File/Save As from the menu bar to save the project and note where you are saving it. Videowave can open the file because it remembers where you saved it. It keeps a list of the last 4 or so files opened.

Oops sorry. I was replying to the comment by sknis. He included a blue link with a tutorial but after I click on that, it won't let me click on the second link in that. I will try saving again and make sure it is in the roxio projects. I just want to get the stupid slide show burned off and copied for the people that went with us. I am very frutrated this morning. But thank you so much for the information

Oops sorry. I was replying to the comment by sknis. He included a blue link with a tutorial but after I click on that, it won't let me click on the second link in that. I will try saving again and make sure it is in the roxio projects. I just want to get the stupid slide show burned off and copied for the people that went with us. I am very frutrated this morning. But thank you so much for the information

Sorry, I saw the blue text and though it was a link. It isn't. Scroll down to that header in the file.