• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

IVP

Dvditprohd Has Run Out Of Free Activation Code?

Question

I bought DVDitPROHD a few years ago and have been using it for DVD and BD-R creation to good effect Today I tryed to run it and an activation code is now needed? I activated it when it was bought - when I try to use the on line activation it reports serial number not valid

I had initial errors and they were sorted out By Scott and I have no issues since -

The only thing that has changed recently is my CPU from a quad 2.4 ghz to a quad 3.0 ghz

Please help

I have come to rely on this software now and will be behind in my work if I cant get it to run

win xp32bit pro

Many thanks

Cath

Fred:

I think people try to warn you that it might not work. Rather than reading the full thread, what specifically do you need to do with DVD It Pro?

Try this for that first error It is for W8 but W10 might be the same.

Googling for the second error, I got this.

Do things at your own risk.

Edited by sknis

I do a lot of different DVDs with DVDit, but basically I like to creat a DVD that has not menu. The video starts playing when the disc is inserted. Then I place chapters through the video, so the viewer can jump through the video by pressing the next button on his remote. Then when the video reaches the end it stop.

Pressing the play button will restart the DVD.

I use this format for most of what I do. Dance recitals, business videos, etc. By not having a menu, it saves someone from having to press a button. Also if I have a lot of chapters, like a dance recital, it makes it easier to get to a dance rather than selecting several menus and then selecting a chapter.

I have also created interactive DVDs where menus are placed in a section of the video and the user can select several choices of where to go. This is used in training DVDs. Ask a question and then user selects an answer. If the answer is correct it moves to the next subject. Answer wrong and it goes back to the beginning of that section to retrain or re ask the question.

Sometimes I start with a video that precedes a menu.

I've also had videos with several language tracks and commentary tracks.

DVDit just has a lot of flexibility and once I learned the program I found all kinds of things it could do and with very few settings required.

Fred

Thanks for replying. Some of it but not all can be done with the current DVD burning stand alone program. I'm afraid that you won;t get the DVDIt program to run with the newer operating systems.

With the current Roxio programs - say Creator NXT, you can create a DVD with no menu but with chapters that are manually reachable; those DVD restart automatically. You can have a first run video that starts playing as soon as you put the DVD in a player. You can have several audio tracks but only one at a time.

As for the training videos, have you looked at TechSmith's "Camtasia Studio"? It is great for interactive processes with our without screen capture. Watch the videos. Don't let the price scare you; you can usually get older copies much cheaper. It sound like you are a commercial/professional so you can write it off as a business expense.

Did you ever get in touch with someone from Roxio/Corel (Roxi-Ralf or other) to see what that person can do for your? Send him a private message.

I'm afraid I can't add any more to this thread. Good luck !

Thank you for your help and suggestions. How do I reach Roxi-Ralf? If that is his user name, I tried searching on it and it didn't show up.

Fred

You have the name wrong, Fred. It's Rox-Ralf. You'll find him in the Administrators list.

Brendon

February 07, 2012 Corel Completes Acquisition of Roxio Business from Rovi Corporation

DVDit never made it to Corel and died somewhere in cyberspace along with the activation server.

DVDit_641B35A_RDH ran fine on W-7!