carmenoax

Toast 9 On Lion

Question

Yesterday I installed, from the original disk, Toast Titanium 9 on my new iMac using Lion OS. When opened it to burn some audio disks, was directed to download update, which I did, then began burning. First disk OK, second copy of same content received messages: Disk failed to be written. Connection is not stable.

Deleted Toast, reinstalled and again downloaded update. First attempt to burn (different content) was successful but subsequent tries same error messages as above. Tried Roxio live chat but was told they do not support Toast 9.

Can someone please tell me what the problem is and how to solve it?

Thank you.

Carmenoax

5 answers to this question

Toast 9 is not officially supported in Lion so that may be the issue in itself. Then again, it is working for the first disc.

The Connection not stable error sometimes is due to a problem between the drive and the media being used, but the drive sends the wrong error message to Toast. You might try a different brand of discs. I recommend Verbatim.

Rather than reinstalling Toast each time you can just trash the Toast plist and prefs files in your user>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast.

Have you tried choosing Save as Disc Image and then burn the discs using the Image File setting in the Copy window?

Toast 9 is not officially supported in Lion so that may be the issue in itself. Then again, it is working for the first disc.

The Connection not stable error sometimes is due to a problem between the drive and the media being used, but the drive sends the wrong error message to Toast. You might try a different brand of discs. I recommend Verbatim.

Rather than reinstalling Toast each time you can just trash the Toast plist and prefs files in your user>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast.

Have you tried choosing Save as Disc Image and then burn the discs using the Image File setting in the Copy window?

Thanks, Tsantee. I haven't tried saving as Disc image then burning but will try next time. Need new discs anyway, as this problem used up my last few.

Re trashing plist, I do not find anything at all for Toast (or Roxio) in the Preferences folder of user>Library>Preferences. Doesn't seem to be very complete as to applications (see image attached) but I find no other library except system library with no preferences folder. Any suggestions??

This is only third day I am trying to set up my new iMac with Lion and so far have many questions about changes, things no longer covered, etc. Apple Support, of course, disclaimed any knowledge or responsibility for this Toast problem or any other of the minor questions I reported yesterday. :unsure:

post-101882-090763300 1327157749.jpg

Thanks, Tsantee. I haven't tried saving as Disc image then burning but will try next time. Need new discs anyway, as this problem used up my last few.

Re trashing plist, I do not find anything at all for Toast (or Roxio) in the Preferences folder of user>Library>Preferences. Doesn't seem to be very complete as to applications (see image attached) but I find no other library except system library with no preferences folder. Any suggestions??

This is only third day I am trying to set up my new iMac with Lion and so far have many questions about changes, things no longer covered, etc. Apple Support, of course, disclaimed any knowledge or responsibility for this Toast problem or any other of the minor questions I reported yesterday. :unsure:

You're probably in the wrong library. To access the user library in Lion hold down the option key when selecting the Go menu in the Finder. Select "Library" that appears in the drop-down menu.

You're probably in the wrong library. To access the user library in Lion hold down the option key when selecting the Go menu in the Finder. Select "Library" that appears in the drop-down menu.

Tsantee - my Finder does not have a Go menu but I found what should be the user library under devices. It has the Application Support folder which does contain a Roxio folder but no plist, only TDIX controller.kext and TDIX Support. I did reinstall Toast 9 again but have not tried to use it since, so don't know if problem resolved or not????

I am finding Lion VERY strange.

Carmenoax

Tsantee - my Finder does not have a Go menu but I found what should be the user library under devices. It has the Application Support folder which does contain a Roxio folder but no plist, only TDIX controller.kext and TDIX Support. I did reinstall Toast 9 again but have not tried to use it since, so don't know if problem resolved or not????

I am finding Lion VERY strange.

Carmenoax

I probably should have used different terminology. When you're looking at the desktop there is a series of drop-down menus at the top. One of them is labeled "Go." I presume you clicked the menu labeled "Finder" rather than my meaning that all the menus seen at the top of the desktop are part of the Finder application.

The plist and prefs files are in the Preferences folder and not in the Application Support folder. When you move them to the Trash and relaunch Toast you will again need to go through the Toast set-up assistant. However, your registration key info won't need to be re-entered. Trashing plist or prefs files is usually an early step in troubleshooting problems.

Are you using the latest version of Toast 9 downloaded from Roxio's Software Updates page?