bohalloran

iMovie 06 Chapter Markers in Toast 7.1

Question

Been a while since I posted here. I noticed that when I used Toast 7.1 to create a DVD from an iMovie 06 project that it did not include the chapter markers that I created as part of the iMovie project but instead, used the scenes from each of the clips in iMovie. I had the "use scene selection" checked in Toast. I tried it w/o that box checked and I got no scene selections which would be expected.

I remember that Toast included the ability to use chapter markers from iMovie projects in eariler versions. Has something changed or am I missing something.

Thanks,

Bob

Using 10.4.7 and QT 7.1.2

4 answers to this question

I haven't heard a response so I thought I'd frame my question a bit differently and see if there is a response.

Has anyone used iMovie 06 and created an iMovie project (.DV format) that includes chapter markers that were created in iMovie and had them show up in Toast 7.1? If so what were the settings that you used in Toast for that to happen?

The markers I create in my iMovie projects don't show up in Toast 7.1. If I leave the "create scene selections" in Toast, I do get scene markers based on the video clips in the iMovie project. If I uncheck that box in Toast, Then the chapter markers that I created in iMovie don't show up either.

So if its' possible to get the chapter markers created in iMovie to show up in Toast, how does that happen?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

ps 10.4.7, Toast 7.1 QT 7.1.2 :)

After adding your iMovie project file, click on the edit button for that item in the Toast window. Then go to the video tab. On the video tab, make sure that the option for DVD chapters is set to Automatic instead of None.

I remember after QuickTime 7 came out there was a period of time when Toast 7 couldn't import the iMovie chapter markers at all. Has this been fixed?

Also, can Toast 7.1 read Final Cut Express chapter markers?

After adding your iMovie project file, click on the edit button for that item in the Toast window. Then go to the video tab. On the video tab, make sure that the option for DVD chapters is set to Automatic instead of None.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

With my feeble mind :) I forgot that Toast will accept the chapter markers created in iMovie, but does not include the titles, only the image. I kept looking for the titles as well.

So everything (but my SHORT memory) is fine.

Any possiblity of enabling the titles in a future update? Seems that since Toast can incorporate the chapter marker images in iMovie as scene selections in Toast, it could also pick up the chapter marker titles as scene titles.

Bob