Sign in to follow this  
Vaughn Whiskey

Yet Again Another Issue With Roxio Game Capture

Question

So after a night of BS, where my Roxio decided to keep using either my Turtlebeach mic and webcam mic as its audio even tho i unplugged them both i got my roxio sort of working. But now i have this awful HUMMMMMM and BUZZ.....i called customer support about a replacement but they told me it my computer, not their device. I beg the differ because this is my second Roxio Device.

Anyways, Any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suTXb8rRaJ4

3 answers to this question

So after a night of BS, where my Roxio decided to keep using either my Turtlebeach mic and webcam mic as its audio even tho i unplugged them both i got my roxio sort of working. But now i have this awful HUMMMMMM and BUZZ.....i called customer support about a replacement but they told me it my computer, not their device. I beg the differ because this is my second Roxio Device.

Anyways, Any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suTXb8rRaJ4

Grounding?

Another person has a warble using the device. He changed the capture audio setting to a lower bits/sec that cured his problem. Is it possible that could be the solution?

Also Roxio doesn't like to work with the higher bit rates for audio. Are you using 16 bit or 24 bit audio. If 24, try getting it down to 16 bits.

Just guessing because what I hear is two tones near the start of the YouTube video and then nothing else. I have to turn the volume up to max on the video and almost all the way on my Windows audio setting to hear the "static".

Welcome back.

Edited by sknis

Grounding?

Another person has a warble using the device. He changed the capture audio setting to a lower bits/sec that cured his problem. Is it possible that could be the solution?

Also Roxio doesn't like to work with the higher bit rates for audio. Are you using 16 bit or 24 bit audio. If 24, try getting it down to 16 bits.

Just guessing because what I hear is two tones near the start of the YouTube video and then nothing else. I have to turn the volume up to max on the video and almost all the way on my Windows audio setting to hear the "static".

Welcome back.

it is on 16.....this might sound strange but i started getting BSOD whenever i changed the bitrate or input back to line in within the roxio....so i just ended up formatting because i started getting other issues with my devices..

and now it works perfect once again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUX7Pj_r7W0&

Edited by Vaughn Whiskey