showcroft

My problem is similar but not the same .

Question

My peoblem is similar but not the same . I get noise but it is noise a load screaming pitch that seems to pulse in and out. Everything worked fine on the older version of the software. Any suggestions?

Thanks

22 answers to this question

How about a few more details...

What older version did you have?

What are you trying to capture?

How?

What is your OS?

Any other Roxio Software on that PC?

You do realize there is not magic "fix" button :huh:

My problem is simaler also with Easy VHS to DVD 3. This is all new so I guess I am trying to capture VHS. The video is good but i get screaching for audio. I am running Windows 7 pro. updated on Sony laptop. I could go on forever on specs so let me know what would help

I apppreciate any help in advance.

Tim

Latest Version. Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus, for PC. This is the first version I've had.

Trying to capture VHS audio and video.from a Panasonic VHS to my hard drive. Tried straight to DVD also. Would prefer to capture to HD first.

Windows 7 Pro. recent updates.

No other Roxio software.

What is the general area of the Magic Fix Button and color???

My problem is simaler also with Easy VHS to DVD 3. This is all new so I guess I am trying to capture VHS. The video is good but i get screaching for audio. I am running Windows 7 pro. updated on Sony laptop. I could go on forever on specs so let me know what would help

I apppreciate any help in advance.

Tim

Have you disabled the internal microphone on your laptop?

I think I'll throw the towel on this tommorrow. Not worth the fustration level for me. I am not familier with Roxio, but I'm sure they'd tell me this is the first time they heard of this.

I can't speak for "Roxio" but we have heard of this for bad house wiring to loose connections!

We would be happy to work through this with you, up to you...

The problem I'm having seems to be typical with the new and improved version and Windows 7. Any thoughts on finding an older version? What are main differences? Where to find.the older one?

Tim

Also, I don't seem to find a particular reference to my operating system Windows 7 Pro 64bit. Does seem too mention Win 7 Home. Am I bad???

The problem I'm having seems to be typical with the new and improved version and Windows 7. Any thoughts on finding an older version? What are main differences? Where to find.the older one?

Tim

The Roxio unit takes your Audio input from your source and presents it to your sound card in your operating system. It does not add or delete or change anything.

I am not saying there is not a problem with the Roxio capture device, but in all my years (9) on this forum I can only record one case, and that was not a audio problem. Noise/screaching/etc can be caused by various things, bad/loose connections, too high of a input signal overdriving the sound card or input levels in the sound card set too high (did you check what yours are set at)

Lets try some basic stuff...does the VCR work ok when connected directly to the TV......have you tried another tape...also try using a dvd player as an input source rather than the VCR

The VCR works good at the TV with more than one tape.

I have not tried using a DVD player as a source, but will.

Also please advise on my soundcard levels as you mentioned as above.

Please advise on what I should be using for cable connections as a have a gallon bag full that all look good but.who knows..The player I use has 3 ins, 3 outs white, yellow, red. plus a white yellow red in front of the player.It also has an in and out for a cable connection.

Thanks,

tim

Please advise on what I should be using for cable connections as a have a gallon bag full that all look good but.who knows..The player I use has 3 ins, 3 outs white, yellow, red. plus a white yellow red in front of the player.It also has an in and out for a cable connection.

Thanks,

tim

Why don't you tell us how you are connected?

From the player out you should go to the USB device matching the colors.

I'm using the out jacks on the player and all the colors ar matched from the player to the USB Devise. I"ve added color matching jacks to get the length i want..

Would you make a short capture, 10 seconds or so, and post it where we can play it???

A good site (free) we often use is, UpForDown - LINK

Might be a big help to actually Hear what you are hearing ^_^

Thanks,

tim

Right click on the speaker icon in the task bar:

post-68-0-26767100-1338644674_thumb.png

I'm using the out jacks on the player and all the colors ar matched from the player to the USB Devise. I"ve added color matching jacks to get the length i want..

How long in length have you made your cables from the VCR to the PC USB plugin?

Just an added thought to the question that cd has asked the OP---

I have added audio and video cables up to 10 feet and attached to the USB device and

it worked O.K. Not sure till we get a reply from the OP though how long his added cables are ??

Frank...

cables r 2' long.

Just discovered that my PC speakers a making all the racket with just the usb portion of the pigtail plugged in, nothiing else. connected. May narrow things down.

Are you saying your speakers make a "racket" ONLY when the Roxio USB is plugged in. Any other USB its ok.