CoffeeCup

No Video Signal Detected

Question

Hello fellow forum goers. Below is a copy of a message I sent to the technical support team at Roxio. I've still not heard anything back from them so thought perhaps someone on here might be able to help me. I have had a look through the different topics and have noticed others have had the same problem...but I've not found anyone that has a solution.

Hello. I am having major problems getting your "Easy VHS to DVD" to function. Every time

I try a VHS tape no input signal is detected. I definitely have it connected correctly. I have

followed all the instructions that came with the product as well as the advice on your

support page.

Your tech support section suggested re-downloading the driver from this site

"http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000218CR&PARAMS=set-locale=en"'>http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000218CR&PARAMS=set-locale=en" but

then tells me this is the wrong driver and is not compatible when I try to install it.

This site on your tech support section "http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?

URL=/content/000223CR&PARAMS=set-locale=en" told me to download the "Easy VHS

to DVD Service Pack 2" to solve a number of issues, but this site does not exist and the

link is broken!!!

The tech support website has been worse than useless and has been a waste of time. I

would like to call your support phoneline but really cannot afford the £1/minute call charge.

I have tried two different VCRs, I have tried both 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows 7 and

I have tried downloading supplementary codecs from the internet. All of the drivers on my

computer are up to date as is Windows itself. I would be eternally grateful if you can offer

me any assistance to get this product up and running.

Here is a summary of my PC's hardware:

CPU- Intel Q6600 Quad Core

Ram - 2GB (Don't know the brand)

Graphics Card- Nvidia 8800GT

Motherboard- Asus P5N-E SLI

OS- I have both 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows 7 installed on separate hard drives

I thought this information might also prove relevant

My serial number- Roxio Easy VHS to DVD

Software version- 201B23A ENU

Email address:

If anyone can help that would be great. My old home video tapes are slowly turning to dust. I and my tapes would breath a sigh of relief if I can finally get this sorted.

Thankyou

Edit.

Removed the serial #

Edited by ogdens

6 answers to this question

Hi Janet

I removed your email from our forums. While they are secure, they are still public and do get scraped by Google and other search providers.

I will escalate this for you and see if we can get you sorted. In the mean time, the Guru's may have some suggestions for you while you are waiting for a support response.

Jon

Rocio Customer Care

CoffeCup

Look at this http://forums.suppor...2-video-signal/ , do you see the 2 Roxio devices as shown in the picture.

Also, is a Scart connector being used in your connection from the VCR?.

PS

I removed your serial number from your 1st post.

Edited by ogdens

I agree with ogdens on this, you must confirm that 2 drivers are present! – the ones for download will not work with 201B Build of the software, which is why you got the message you did :huh:

I see you in the UK, so we will assume it is the typical SCART connecter that is not working…

Here are a couple that our UK users have told us work:

Or you can get one like it locally.

Also if you have a DVD Player with RCA or S-Video output, or a camcorder, you can use one of those to "test" your install & drivers ;)

Hello Gurus, thanks for getting back to me. I do have both the Roxio Video Capture and USB 2861 devices present in device manager. I hadn't considered that it might be the scart adapter I had been using. I have tried using a scart adapter that comes with an XBOX 360 as well as a generic one that I found in the house. Neither have worked but I will try running my camcorder through the capture device just with the RCA cables when I get home from work as you suggested. I also received a message back from Tech Support suggesting I try those drivers mentioned above, despite me telling them that they didn't work in my first message to them. They also requested some info from DirectX Diagnostic tool which I shall also do when I'm home. One question though. There seems to be a 64bit and 32bit version of this tool, which should I use? Thanks again for your help. I thought I was at a dead end before I posted on here, now at least there is hope.

Xbox+360+SCART+adapter+2.jpg

Edited by CoffeeCup

I would think the one you have pictured would do the trick... (many of the low end ones that run to the TV don't actually have the RCA plugs wired up :o )

For the dxdiag, it will take care of itself if you:

Start - Command:

post-39730-085812100 1329224899.jpg

it will pick the right one for your OS
;)

post-39730-080119100 1329224898.jpg

Also if you have a DVD Player with RCA or S-Video output, or a camcorder, you can use one of those to "test" your install & drivers

I would try Jim Hardin's suggestion above with the DVD Player.