• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Flickering Image During Capture

bamatex82

Question

I have a Dell Inspirion 2306. 2.4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows Home Premium. Trying to use Easy VHS to DVD build 201B23A.

The first time I used the software I was successful in capturing a tape. Since that time the video capture always flickers. I have defragged my HD. I am on a USB2 port. I have the most update driver for my video card. Free space on my HD is not an issue since 781GB are free on 916GB of storage.

I tried two different VCR's with the same result. I thought the tape was bad, so I went back to the successfully recorded tape and got the same results. I hooked up my VCR's to make sure it wasn't them and got a clear picture. It is not a tracking issue with the VCR, either. I know it is not the tapes or the devices.

I removed and reinstalled the software. Still have problems. The only software installs since the original successful recording would be Windows, McAfee, and Java updates. Not other software has been installed.

What can be done?

9 answers to this question

Flickers are frequent and random. The wires are completely supported and I have checked the connections several times by reconnecting them or even "fiddling" with them to be sure they are fully engaged. Just tried the DVR and I don't get any video or sound at all now. I used the same yellow/red/white cables that I used on the VCR.

Edited by bamatex82

I am having this same problem of flickering. The first time around all went well but the second dvd has the flickering.

Read Post #2!

You guys are going to have to troubleshoot this, I have not had this problem in the 3 1/2 years I have been using it :huh:

Also keep in mind that "flashs" are one thing vs "noise" vs "tracking"... Make sure we are talking about the same thing, close don't count here ;)

Nobody used the word "flash". It is not noise or tracking problem, either, which I know what that looks like and I know how to fix. Like I said before, I had one successful recording. Now all tapes suffers from that dreaded flickering, including the successful tape. I can record a short segment and send it to you if you wish. I think you would call it flickering, too. See my next post.

Edited by bamatex82

I saw nothing that I would call "flickering", "flashing", "noise" or "tracking"...

What I see are dropped frames. This produces a video 'jerkyness' (new word :lol: ) and speedup.

I don't know if this file was output intentionally at such a low quality, 2 mbps, but that cna be a contributing factor.

Figure on 1 hour for a 4.7GB DVD.

Also, make sure you have plenty of Defragged HDD space and that your PC is only doing capture and not other things during capture.

Defrag and try a test capture & output at the highest quality settings... see if that helps ;)

Yes, dropped frames, whatever. The file quality was low so I could post it. The quality does not impact the dropped frames. The original preprocessed video has dropped frames. No amount of increased quality of post processing is going to add what is dropped during the capture. As I posted in my first post, I have already defragged my HD and I have 781MB of free space.

I have a Dell Inspirion 2306. 2.4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows Home Premium. Trying to use Easy VHS to DVD build 201B23A. Free space on my HD is not an issue since 781GB are free on 916GB of storage.

This 1TB hard drive your capturing to is it a USB Drive? What brand/type and speed is it?