• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

WrestlerMom

"play All" In Creator 2011 Dvd Creator

Question

I created 5 Video Wave Movies that contain slideshows set to music & I want to merge them into one continuous playable movie. I tried using VW - no luck. I also tried creating 5 chapters on a DVD but cannot create a "Play All" button as shown in one of the other tutorials. Any help would be appreciated. I have Roxio Creator 2011.

7 answers to this question

I created 5 Video Wave Movies that contain slideshows set to music & I want to merge them into one continuous playable movie. I tried using VW - no luck. I also tried creating 5 chapters on a DVD but cannot create a "Play All" button as shown in one of the other tutorials. Any help would be appreciated. I have Roxio Creator 2011.

Did you export each of the slideshows as a separate video file? If yes then you can easily merge them into one continuous video file using Videowave or burn them to a DVD as one movie.

Perhaps if you explained exactly what you did we can see where you are going wrong.

I did save each as a separate video file (.dmss ish). I tried to start a new video file and just open and merge the 5, but I cannot find my video files when I use Add picture/video. It only shows me .dat files that cannot be used. So I tried creating a DVD with each video as a chapter - but it will not create a play all button. I was following directions from a tutorial but did not have the same menus & buttons. I think it was an earlier version of Creator. I would rather create one video file if that is possible!

I did save each as a separate video file (.dmss ish). I tried to start a new video file and just open and merge the 5, but I cannot find my video files when I use Add picture/video. It only shows me .dat files that cannot be used. So I tried creating a DVD with each video as a chapter - but it will not create a play all button. I was following directions from a tutorial but did not have the same menus & buttons. I think it was an earlier version of Creator. I would rather create one video file if that is possible!

No you did not save each as a video file but only as a project file. These files are simply a roadmap on how to create the video file when you finally output to a video file.

You cannot "combine" Videowave project files. You first have to Output each Videowave project to a video file (DVD mpeg, best quality) and then you can add them to create one video file using Videowave.

BTW, you posted that you have "dmss" files. Those would not be Videowave files but are from Photosuite I believe. Or did you mean "dmsm"?

Edited by myguggi

I did mean the file you stated. So I use the export button in video wave for each and then I should be able to merge them? Could you guide me through this or suggest a tutorial please?

I did mean the file you stated. So I use the export button in video wave for each and then I should be able to merge them? Could you guide me through this or suggest a tutorial please?

I assume you have each of the 5 slideshows as a Videowave project file (they will have the dmsm extension)

Launch Videowave

Select File/Open, navigate to where you have saved the dmsm project file and open it.

Select Export As and the Make Movie window should open

As destination select Video File

For Purpose select DVD Playback and NTSC for North America and PAL for Europe

For Video File Quality select Mpeg-2 for DVD, best quality.

Set the filename and output folder and then Create Video File.

When finished, repeat this process for the other project files.

After creating the 5 mpg files, launch Videowave again and switch to the Storyline. Now add each of the mpg files in the correct sequence to the storyline panels.

Save this project as a Videowave project file.

You can now send this project file to myDVD by selecting the "send to myDVD" icon or you can exit Videowave, launch myDVD and add the Videowave project file using Add Movie/Photo