• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

To Anyone Having Audio Distortion!

carbon shield52

Question

I was recently having really bad distortion with my roxio, A solution i have found is disabling the anti virus during install. What you need to do is close and stop the service of your antivirus software and then install, When i went to install after doing this it came up with a message saying a PREVIOUS version of roxio gamecapture was installed and it would be uninstalled. I think the antivirus make the install miss some stuff out leading to eventual audio distortion, Hence why its using the windows usb audio drivers instead of the roxio one :)

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but i think this is a solution :)

1 answer to this question

I was recently having really bad distortion with my roxio, A solution i have found is disabling the anti virus during install. What you need to do is close and stop the service of your antivirus software and then install, When i went to install after doing this it came up with a message saying a PREVIOUS version of roxio gamecapture was installed and it would be uninstalled. I think the antivirus make the install miss some stuff out leading to eventual audio distortion, Hence why its using the windows usb audio drivers instead of the roxio one :)

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but i think this is a solution :)

Thanks for reminding people of the issues with anti-virus blocking some of the install. Roxio has some instructions on how to prepare your computer for installing Roxio products. Unfortunately, most people are in too much of a rush and get a bad install. If they would take the time befoer they try to install, they would sve time in the long run. The suggestions ( instructions) are here (link).