Trouble with DVD decoder pack

Rick Schoenbeck

I also purchased the DVD decoder pack for Windows Media Player. The details for the company's computer I'm using are as follows:

Lenovo T410 ThinkPad, Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, Intel Core i5 CPU, M520 @2.4 GHz, 1.17 GHz, 2.92 GB RAM, Matshita DVD-RAM UJ892 v5.1 2535.0.

I followed earlier instructions in one of your responses concerning "white video screen during playback" and updated everything except the DVD driver which has additional costs required. Oddly enough, I also have access to an earlier version of a Lenovo ThinkPad - a T400 - that plays DVDs okay. And I'm able to play DVDs using Win DVD software but not Windows Media Player.

I uninstalled the decoder pack and then re-downloaded and installed the software with the same results. The only difference is that, instead of a white screen, I now get only a black screen.

I also purchased the DVD decoder pack for Windows Media Player. The details for the company's computer I'm using are as follows:

Lenovo T410 ThinkPad, Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, Intel Core i5 CPU, M520 @2.4 GHz, 1.17 GHz, 2.92 GB RAM, Matshita DVD-RAM UJ892 v5.1 2535.0.

I followed earlier instructions in one of your responses concerning "white video screen during playback" and updated everything except the DVD driver which has additional costs required. Oddly enough, I also have access to an earlier version of a Lenovo ThinkPad - a T400 - that plays DVDs okay. And I'm able to play DVDs using Win DVD software but not Windows Media Player.

I uninstalled the decoder pack and then re-downloaded and installed the software with the same results. The only difference is that, instead of a white screen, I now get only a black screen.

post-97-024886600 1330976516.jpg

post-97-094479200 1330976516.jpg