bluesnow

Creator 2012 Pro Convert

Question

I've tried creating 9 different movies for my Playbook (in mp4), from DVDs. Each one results in a Media Error when I play it back on the Playbook after 90-95% of the movie has played. I have also tried a shareware program I found which creates mp4 from DVD and those copies all play fine on the Playbook. Why would Roxio's copies not work on the Playbook when the "cheapies" all work fine?

In Roxio I just select the movie (unprotected DVD files on my computer) for the input and then select Playbook (default settings) for the output.

I will be able to try one of the movies on another Playbook on Sunday and on yet another Playbook on Monday. That should rule out or point to a hardware problem on my Playbook.

I will be able to try one of the movies on another Playbook on Sunday and on yet another Playbook on Monday. That should rule out or point to a hardware problem on my Playbook.

Yes, that should be a good test ;)

I took 2 movies to my son-in-law's today. One was cdanteek's documentary (1 hr 3 min) the other was one I had created directly from a DVD (24 mins). Both failed to play through on his Playbook, giving a "Media Error" several minutes before the end. My friend will try one tomorrow as well but I think it is futile.

My friend has tried the cdanteek's movie on his Playbook. Ditto on the Medai Error at about the 98 min mark.

I think I am finished testing Roxio's conversion routine again. I am convinced that it's flawed in some way.

My friend has tried the cdanteek's movie on his Playbook. Ditto on the Medai Error at about the 98 min mark.

I think I am finished testing Roxio's conversion routine again. I am convinced that it's flawed in some way.

For those reading this thread, the movie was 1hr 3min 42sec long.

Yes my video was 1hr 3min 42sec long.

A typo?

Bluesnow,

If Cdanteek's movie is 1hr 3min 42 sec long [63mins 42 sec] How could it error out at 98 minutes?