• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installation Of Video Capture Locks Up

fifthmember

Question

I installed the video capture and it initially worked but quit working after a short time. I tried to download and reinstall the driver for it but the installation gets to a certain point and locks up and nothing happens. I have to restart the computer to close the installation box. And, of course, the VHS to DVD program say's "no signal" when I try to use it. I have tried the re-install at least three times, with the unit connected, with it not connected, uninstalling and re-installing and it locks up every time.

3 answers to this question

I installed the video capture and it initially worked but quit working after a short time. I tried to download and reinstall the driver for it but the installation gets to a certain point and locks up and nothing happens. I have to restart the computer to close the installation box. And, of course, the VHS to DVD program say's "no signal" when I try to use it. I have tried the re-install at least three times, with the unit connected, with it not connected, uninstalling and re-installing and it locks up every time.

Have you tried to reinstall after you have uninstalled the drivers (device manager).

Loss of function seems always to be related to a registry cleaner. ---don't use one including any that is part of your anti-virus.

Have you tried to reinstall after you have uninstalled the drivers (device manager).

Loss of function seems always to be related to a registry cleaner. ---don't use one including any that is part of your anti-virus.

Reply: I don't use any registry cleaners unless my AVG anti-virus does it without my knowledge. And, yes, I tried it after uninstalling the other one but it still locks up when I try to re-install.

Reply: I don't use any registry cleaners unless my AVG anti-virus does it without my knowledge. And, yes, I tried it after uninstalling the other one but it still locks up when I try to re-install.

It probably does, open options settings and disable it, or tell it to leave Roxio alone.

I tried to download and reinstall the driver for it but the installation gets to a certain point and locks up and nothing happens.

Where did you download this driver from? Please post a link to it?