• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Bella-dog

Md5 Digest Error And Corrupted Catalog

I performed the following steps (pls ref attached log file) 26MAR12 retrospect log.pdf:

1. I created a new disk backup and performed a local hard drive backup which was successful.

2. I then added another file backup set ( media file backup). Result: failed because it said no catalog existed (?).

3. Rebuilt and verified the catalog (successful). I do get the following error: !Generated MD5 digest for file "" does not match stored MD5 digest.

4. Try to copy another media set to it and I get catalog corrupted and has another member, and the back-up won't complete.

How do I 1) fix the digest error or remove the problem members so I can continue using this disk media set?

I performed the following steps (pls ref attached log file) 26MAR12 retrospect log.pdf:

1. I created a new disk backup and performed a local hard drive backup which was successful.

2. I then added another file backup set ( media file backup). Result: failed because it said no catalog existed (?).

3. Rebuilt and verified the catalog (successful). I do get the following error: !Generated MD5 digest for file "" does not match stored MD5 digest.

4. Try to copy another media set to it and I get catalog corrupted and has another member, and the back-up won't complete.

How do I 1) fix the digest error or remove the problem members so I can continue using this disk media set?

What is Md5? Retrospect is no longer associated with this board.

What is Md5? Retrospect is no longer associated with this board.

MD5, or Message Digest 5, is an one-way algorithm designed to compute a checksum to verify the integrity of a file, a drive, or any other storage medium.

It's there to make sure that the copied medium is exactly the same as the original.

Retrospect is now owned and operated by

Retrospect, Inc.

7901 Stoneridge Dr. Suite 540

Pleasanton CA 94588

925-476-1030

888-376-1078

For help from them with Retrospect, please go to www.retrospect.com