• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Audio On Avi Files

DGFree

Question

Hello all

I am having trouble when trying to convert my AVI videos to MP4 for cataloguing in iTunes and for playback on iOS devices.

I can convert most video file types to MP4 no problem, but when I select any of my AVI files, there is no audio. Even looking at the information of the file, it will show all the video info, but for audio it simply states, NONE

I know this cant be accurate as I can watch these videos on my MAC without audio problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by DGFree

4 answers to this question

Hi,

I now have Toast istalled and the first effort was to convert a cda audio file from a CD to iMac in mp3 format. It won't do it. Tech support said mp3 is not a useable file format to use in Toast... WHAT??

Also, I am having the same issue mentioned here that many of my video files transferred from my PC don't play the sound. I installed perian, but it disappeared and I don't really know if it the codec is installed.

I'll try (with my new iMac experience) to uninstall and reinstall perian.

Hope that works. I'll look here for any suggestions. mp3 and perian.

Thanks

Bill

Hi,

I now have Toast istalled and the first effort was to convert a cda audio file from a CD to iMac in mp3 format. It won't do it. Tech support said mp3 is not a useable file format to use in Toast... WHAT??

Also, I am having the same issue mentioned here that many of my video files transferred from my PC don't play the sound. I installed perian, but it disappeared and I don't really know if it the codec is installed.

I'll try (with my new iMac experience) to uninstall and reinstall perian.

Hope that works. I'll look here for any suggestions. mp3 and perian.

Thanks

Bill

Toast does not have an mp3 encoder. You should use iTunes for that conversion.

Let us know if reinstalling perian resolves the issue with no audio. It installs in one of the QuickTime libraries which is why you don't see it. If you still have no audio please describe the audio and video specs of the source file.